My Theatre

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark2074

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, ON
I've downloaded the freeware Mytheatre and it is great. It works well with the HD feeds and the once I got the graphs worked out it was tweeked. But, since this is not a free software anymore you have to purchase. Has anyone purchased this from the dvbcore.com website? What method did you use? I am very concerned with the fact that I have to send money to Russia for payment or give a credit card out.

I sent the registration fee, can't remember now how I did it, it must be three years ago now. I didin't have any problem. Saar lives in Russia, so if you want the software you'll have to send it to him there. Go to his MyTheatre forum and search "credit card".. there is a thread there where he explains how to do credit card payment a little more safely. That might be an option for you.

Thanks Starman. I did do that and have ordered it through share-it.com. I will keep my fingers crossed.:)

Mark2074 said:
I've downloaded the freeware Mytheatre and it is great. It works well with the HD feeds and the once I got the graphs worked out it was tweeked. But, since this is not a free software anymore you have to purchase. Has anyone purchased this from the dvbcore.com website? What method did you use? I am very concerned with the fact that I have to send money to Russia for payment or give a credit card out.

Which graphs work best for you . For me , HD is a work in progress . ( If there is some way to email the graphs that work , please PM me . )

Thanks ,
Wyr

Last edited:
WyrTwister said:
Which graphs work best for you . For me , HD is a work in progress . ( If there is some way to email the graphs that work , please PM me . )

Thanks ,
Wyr

It was for me as well. I had to play around with the video drivers and the audio drivers for about 3 weeks. I installed the cyberlink dvd that came with the TwinHan this past weekend and the sound finally came in great. It was previously too low or only came out of 2 speakers (I have 5.1 sound).

Also, I was having trouble with the picture studdering quite a bit. Then I downloaded the "Pure Video" Driver from NIVDIA website and presto!, no more studdering. Unfortunatley, it is a 30 day trial version. I have to purchase the driver. But, I would be willing to spend the money if it fixes the problem. PBS-HD rocks on this system!

The only small thing I've noticed (I am so picky it's not funny:D ) there is a faint ban that goes across the middle of the TV. This ONLY happens when using Mytheatre. This only evident when there is an absence of video or very dark scenes. But, with the problems that I had with ProgDVB, this is very negligible in comparison.

Hope this helps.

Mark2074 said:
It was for me as well. I had to play around with the video drivers and the audio drivers for about 3 weeks. I installed the cyberlink dvd that came with the TwinHan this past weekend and the sound finally came in great. It was previously too low or only came out of 2 speakers (I have 5.1 sound).

Also, I was having trouble with the picture studdering quite a bit. Then I downloaded the "Pure Video" Driver from NIVDIA website and presto!, no more studdering. Unfortunatley, it is a 30 day trial version. I have to purchase the driver. But, I would be willing to spend the money if it fixes the problem. PBS-HD rocks on this system!

The only small thing I've noticed (I am so picky it's not funny:D ) there is a faint ban that goes across the middle of the TV. This ONLY happens when using Mytheatre. This only evident when there is an absence of video or very dark scenes. But, with the problems that I had with ProgDVB, this is very negligible in comparison.

Hope this helps.

Does the Nividia driver quit working after the trial period ?

I am not using MT on a TV , just a computer monitor . So I do not know about the band across the screen ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

I too have used Share-it for my purchase of MyTheatre. The transaction was simple and have had no problems. I have not tried the Hi-Def viewing, but have my computer setup for unattended recording throughout the week. Has worked great... except for some weather problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)