My Theory For Why The Program Planner Misfires!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Tonight when I got home, I cranked up the system and was browsing around using the Surf Bar. When I started, it was 8:53 so I had about13 minutes to kill until Alias started. The first few times the bar displayed the Time Now correctly, then all of a sudden, it went back 5 minutes to 8:48, then about 1 minute later, it jumped back up to 8:55.

My theory: I wonder if sometimes the clock goes whacky just before a timer is about to fire? If this were so, then the time would have to stay incorrect for more than 5 minutes so that when it jumped back to the correct time, it would be beyond the start time and fail to fire.

I've noticed while recording my daughter's shows off Disney, that for the past 2 weeks, the time that Voom changed channels corresponded very closely to when my PVR started recording, but this week, Voom has been changing channels about 15 seconds later than it had been.

I wish there was a law that made everyone start at the time they state, it's very frustrating to miss a minute or two here and there. Case in point, I missed the last 5 minutes of Lost tonight because the program ran over and I was not aware of it. :mad: I have a recurring timer setup for my Dish 6000 and PVR and failed to notice the time adjustment until it was too late, I had another recording starting on DiscoveryHD right at 10 PM.

VOOM, YOU NEED TO PUT IN REPEATING TIMERS AND MAKE THE TIMERS MANUALLY ADJUSTABLE. Just imagine how pitiful their PVR will be if it has the same type of Program Planner in it. To me, this is not even program planning as you can't program a damned thing beyond a single event. :no

That is why I dont even bother using it. Even if it were adjustable, if they cant keep the time correct it wont be any good. I only record two shows during the day and they are on locals which I have on cable going into the DVD recorder. All of the timer settings are stored on the disc and not the machine. Put that disc in and the recorder knows what to do from there.

We have the technology

My 6412 DVR cable box recorded the entire LOST episode, so they have the technology to record the program, not the time.
I just hope that voom does the same.
(So I can get rid of cable)

Hi:
I noticed my VOOM time jumping a few minutes before but I really didn't think much of it. I guess this would cause a problem with a recorder linked to the PG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)