My thoughts and stuff after about 2 weeks with dish

whatusernamesareleft

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Wisconsin
I got it installed on oct 4. I have the 612 dvr and a 211k for receivers.
I get channels exspensivecast (comcrap) doesn't offer. No outages yet signal goes down slightly when it rained but no problems with that.
No abusive EAS/EBS crap like on cable 3 times a week, Haven't seen it once on dish!:D
At least I have some kind of ondemand with dish ( needs improvement but better then none), local exspensivecast didnt have ondemand.

I knew there are channels that are taken off for the time being, before signing up. But I am glad to be rid of exspensivecast.

Other things I noticed there was no ground block used.

Other then that no complaints.

Went with autopay and have that free hd thing. Hope they don't screw up with auto pay. I will be watching out for that as this is my first time with autopay.

Welcome to Dish Network! I was leary about autopay when I started three years ago. Have never had a problem. You can go online each month and review your bill before they charge your credit card, but I have never had the need to.

As for the groundblock, it's not necessary to the operation of your system. But there deffinatly needs to be one for it to be up to standards with the National Electric Code.

I got it installed on oct 4. I have the 612 dvr and a 211k for receivers.
I get channels exspensivecast (comcrap) doesn't offer. No outages yet signal goes down slightly when it rained but no problems with that.
No abusive EAS/EBS crap like on cable 3 times a week, Haven't seen it once on dish!:D
At least I have some kind of ondemand with dish ( needs improvement but better then none), local exspensivecast didnt have ondemand.

I knew there are channels that are taken off for the time being, before signing up. But I am glad to be rid of exspensivecast.

Other things I noticed there was no ground block used.

Other then that no complaints.

Went with autopay and have that free hd thing. Hope they don't screw up with auto pay. I will be watching out for that as this is my first time with autopay.

Welcome to Dish. I see you got the 612 and 211k. Since you were only interested in the single tuner DVR, you should have gotten two 211's. Add the EHD and no DVR fees and both receivers could share the hard drives by just moving them back and forth whenever you wanted. The 612 and 211 cannot share the same EHD's.

Don't worry about autopay. 3 years for me as well with no problems.

As for the groundblock, it's not necessary to the operation of your system. But there deffinatly needs to be one for it to be up to standards with the National Electric Code.

I agree. The dish and cables should be grounded to prevent static build up.

No abusive EAS/EBS crap like on cable 3 times a week, Haven't seen it once on dish!
I agree that those can be annoying but you can't blame the cableco for those. I'm pretty sure they're required to broadcast those. A similar ruling is supposed to be applied to satellite providers too but at least in Dish's case, they haven't figured out how to make it work (???) !! That is, on a regional or localized basis.

Welcome to Dish. I see you got the 612 and 211k. Since you were only interested in the single tuner DVR, you should have gotten two 211's. Add the EHD and no DVR fees and both receivers could share the hard drives by just moving them back and forth whenever you wanted. The 612 and 211 cannot share the same EHD's.

They push hard for that stupid dvr sharing for 2 rooms. I told them I wanted a dvr for 1 tv and a seperate reciever for the 2nd tv, on an online chat and they ended up asking "what seems to be the reason you want that that kind of configuration? (kinda stoopid question if you ask me) I want 2 record and watch at the same time maybe, or record 2 things on the dvr and watch tv on the 2nd tv.

They push hard for that stupid dvr sharing for 2 rooms. I told them I wanted a dvr for 1 tv and a seperate reciever for the 2nd tv, on an online chat and they ended up asking "what seems to be the reason you want that that kind of configuration? (kinda stoopid question if you ask me) I want 2 record and watch at the same time maybe, or record 2 things on the dvr and watch tv on the 2nd tv.

He means that by adding an external harddrive and paying Dish a one time fee to enable the software, your 211 becomes a single tuner dvr. This configuration enables you to avoid the monthly dvr fee. If you wanted to, you move the hard drive between rooms if you had recorded something in one room and wanted to watch it the other room.

Welcome to Dish Network! I was leary about autopay when I started three years ago. Have never had a problem. You can go online each month and review your bill before they charge your credit card, but I have never had the need to.

I get an email every month in advance telling me to go look at my upcoming bill.

He means that by adding an external harddrive and paying Dish a one time fee to enable the software, your 211 becomes a single tuner dvr. This configuration enables you to avoid the monthly dvr fee. If you wanted to, you move the hard drive between rooms if you had recorded something in one room and wanted to watch it the other room.

Oh ok. thanks for clearing that up. Even with a dual tuner receiver and one single tuner reciever I think I still come out cheaper then comcrap.

I would have gotten a 722 for my first receiver and then the 211. You could've put the 722 into single mode similar to the 612 but the 722 is a better receiver. The total cost would be no different either. If you ever decided to add a third TV you could use TV2 of the 722. Just my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)