My True South Satellite?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I do have a question: since I am pointing to Galaxy 3C and not true south, am I not 1.6 degrees off? (The satellite is at 181.6 magnetic which makes it 177.6 true; my true south is 176).

Thank you again!

PilotS77 said:
I do have a question: since I am pointing to Galaxy 3C and not true south, am I not 1.6 degrees off? (The satellite is at 181.6 magnetic which makes it 177.6 true; my true south is 176).

Thank you again!

you should be OK when you motor...you might have to go a little farther west than normal but you should be OK

PilotS77 said:
Thank you - I will review the posts and see what people think is a good one - are you pleases with yours?

Other than the fact I dont have AC3 output for the PBS channels on AMC3, I'm happy with it. Had it almost a year now :)

I get 28 Transponters on IA-5 and 144 TV Chan. along with 78 Radio stations - is this correct?

However the requencies the recieve scans do not mach the ones listed by Mike Kohl....should I add those frequencies?

PilotS77 said:
I get 28 Transponters on IA-5 and 144 TV Chan. along with 78 Radio stations - is this correct?

However the requencies the recieve scans do not mach the ones listed by Mike Kohl....should I add those frequencies?

yep thats about right

The frequencies may be off my 1 or 2 (11797 instead of 11800) ..the system does that. As long as its in the vicinity you should be OK

Now these two satellites are close about 3 degrees so I might still need to improve my Galaxy 3C lock? The best I have done so far is 64 Strength 34 Quality and 5 Eb/NO - not even close to your settings Ice :)

On IA-5 I get 61 Strength between 8 and 10 signal and Eb/No below 2 - Now I have done nothing to improve this - should I use the motor and try to go right and left? What is the next step - and I guess we should move this to fine tunning a motorized dish since we did find True South :)

G3 is getting there....I just checked last night with mine on G3 and I get
60 signal
98 qulaity
ebno around 8.9-9.0

but it may not be the same on each receiver.

I would try to get G3 a little better

As for IA6, some of those transponders the channels are below 2.0 due to the low bandwidth.

Wow - that is some quality there!

Mother nature on a roll this week - raining outhere so no outside fun!! (If I only had a USALS unit :) )

More to come soon

John

The Microyal (at least this one) if there is a decent signal will max at 98. Its the EbNo # that makes the difference

On Galaxy 10, the one transponder shows as 40 quality on the Pansat but 98 on the Microyal. The EbNo on it though is 3.8, which would probably make it around a 38

I start thinking that each receiver is different! For example my Microyal does not show any quality until there is something and you must scan the satellite to get quality - just pointing doe snot work.

Another rainy day - I feel like I moved to Seattle!

I hope for some Sun and warmth soon so I can fine tune the system and get more satellites.

Yes - BUT - I had a break with no rain and I got out and locked on Galaxy 10-R!! :)

That is a good indication I am in good shape - correct?

Only problem is that the bird was several degrees East of where I was expecting it, IA-5 and Galaxy 3C where right on - this one was several degree off - any ideas?

Woo Hoo!
Now program those in and you'll be happy :)

Since your true south isn't "True south" the farther away you get, the more it could be off. I know my G10 was in USALS as 125.2

Got Horizons 1 as well!! :)

I think that is the most West satellite - correct???

Now I need to go the other direction :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)