My upgrade plan's

mrplow

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 10, 2004
I can't see getting a $200 credit for a $700 reciver, so I will keep my 942, for OTA, SD and pocketDish. Sell my 508 & 721. Use that money to lease the 622 and get the D1000 upgade.

What are your upgade plans ?

bowens said:
I'm just going to upgrade my 811 to a 211 and get a dish at 61.5 for $49.

Well you should not need a Dish at 61.5 if you get the Dish 1000. That's one of the main reason to get the Dish 1000 is that you only need one Dish. But if you want two then thats up to you. The upgrade includes the 211 and Dish 1000.

I know its a pipe dream....If I can get Dish to replace my 500 for a 1000 and one of my 811's for a 211....I'll be content.

I called during the Holidays about swapping for a Dish 1000 and they said I wasn't eligible until August 2006.

All I wanted for Christmas was ESPN2HD.

I had been holding out hope that 61.5 was just a temporary solution and that eventually with Echostar X, I'd be able to get everything from one dish. Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and put a second dish on the roof. Initially I'll trade my 811 for the 211. Since I just started leasing my 811 in November, I hope they don't make me wait. Down the road hopefully I can swap my 522 for a 622 at a better price.

mrplow said:
What are your upgade plans ?

Sell my 942 for ~$399 (If I'm lucky) on ebay. In my ebay ad I will give the whole, sorry story of the Dish MPEG-4 upgrade, so some poor sucker will know exactly what they are getting.

Sell my 721 for ~$149 on ebay.

Keep one 921, w/AT180, no locals, no HD. Use stereo RF modulator to feed the rest of the house.

Have the 921 replaced because it's SD output is periodically in washed out B/W. Probably have the 921 replaced at least once more since it's expected lifespan is a little over three months.

Decide in April if I:

A. Want to trade in my 921 for a 622 or

B. Take proceeds from sales above to buy a D* HD DVR.

Around here the offer of $200 for a one-month old $700 receiver is pushing us towards B.

This horse is well past dead, still being beaten and those of you who bought a 942 or 921 at full price, well you now know what E* thinks of you.

Poke said:
Well you should not need a Dish at 61.5 if you get the Dish 1000. That's one of the main reason to get the Dish 1000 is that you only need one Dish. But if you want two then thats up to you. The upgrade includes the 211 and Dish 1000.

I have a SuperDish and get my locals from 121 so I can't get a Dish1000. Plus I'm in Florida so I can't see 129 anyway. 61.5 is my only option.

Yeah I will just upgrade my 811 to 211 and get the Dish 1000 that comes with it and leave my 311 on my BR TV since its still a SD TV. $49 Bucks is not bad but I will be paying like $12 Bucks more to get on The HD Sliver Plan which is $64.99 and another $5 for your 2nd receiver. So over all your looking at $70 bucks for the Silver HD Plan.

I want a 622, so $299 for the 622 and dish 1000. This will replace 2 receivers for me, 508, 501. Add $5 DVR fee, lose $5 outlet fee, a wash. Glad I didn't buy a 942, whew...

NightRyder

i want to pay a nominal fee to upgrade my owned 942 to a 622 that i own
or i want full reimbursement for my 26 day old 942 and then i buy the 622 from claude at dishstore
make it happen charlie

Stargazer: - ahah ! thanks.
My plans are
1. drop voom, nothing announced is worth the fee
2. to stick with my 942 until Sac Locals become available on HD, then upgrade. Or until i have to because the upgrade offer expires.
3. Move the 942 to replace an old 501
4. Sell the 501, if its worth anything by then.

Alright fellas, help me out here. My head hurts thinking of all the possible scenarios.

Here's what I currently have:

1) Dish 500, pointed at 110 & 119.
2) 811's one for the HD RPTV, and one for my projector.
1) 322 for two SD tv's (bedrooms).
Top 180 +HD pack
All equip. is leased!!!

What are my options for least amount of money to get any additional HD programming and the costs that'll be involved? Don't care about Showtime HD or any HD vovie channels. It's been over a year since my last uprade.

Scenario #1.

Get two 211's + dish 1000 and keep the 301 (or do I need to upgrade it also & to what?) How much?

Scenario #2.

Get one 411?, one 622? + dish 1000, keep or replace 322 with whatever is to replace it. How much?

Sorry, but I'm so friggin cornfused!!! What would you do in my situation, and when should I make the call? Just want all the HD I can and be prepared for the future. Thanks.

Last edited:
I don't have any plans to upgrade at the moment. If I decide to it will be just going from my 811 to the 211. I doubt they'll let me, though, since I'm a very new customer.

The only reason I may not upgrade right now is that I keep my TV budget pretty tight, and I'll have to downgrade to the HD Silver pack to keep my monthly bill the same. From what I understand if I don't upgrade I'll keep my old AT180 pricing.

Jimmy J said:
Alright fellas, help me out here. My head hurts thinking of all the possible scenarios.
Here's what I currently have:
1) Dish 500, pointed at 110 & 119.
2) 811's one for the HD RPTV, and one for my projector.
1) 322 for two SD tv's (bedrooms).
Top 180 +HD pack
All equip. is leased!!!
What are my options for least amount of money to get any additional HD programming and the costs that'll be involved? Don't care about Showtime HD or any HD vovie channels. It's been over a year since my last uprade.
Scenario #1.
Get two 211's + dish 1000 and keep the 301 (or do I need to upgrade it also & to what?) How much?
Scenario #2.
Get one 411, one 622? + dish 1000, keep or replace 322 with whatever is to replace it. How much?
Sorry, but I'm so friggin cornfused!!! What would you do in my situation, and when should I make the call? Just want all the HD I can and be prepared for the future. Thanks.

Take 622. I can't imagine myself without DVR now. Maybe when IPTV picks up, then DVR will die. But nobody know now for sure.
I have now 942 for HD RPTV and 811 for projector. Then I wanted to watch recorded programs on projector too. What I did is I bought 25' HDMI cable, 40' toslink cable and toslink splitter. Then connected component output from 942 to TV, HDMI output from 942 to projector, component output from 811 to projector.
Now I noticed, then I practically never use 811, so most likely I will upgrade 942 to 622 and drop 811. Also save $5 second receiver fee.
Cables i bought were realy not-expensive, like $25 for DVI and $20 for toslink. And they work great for me.

I just wanted to state that for those of us in the NorthEast and other areas North....the Dish 1000 is not an option. It will not solve anything for us.....we will have to have 2 dishes no matter what.

vinnyv07 said:
I just wanted to state that for those of us in the NorthEast and other areas North....the Dish 1000 is not an option. It will not solve anything for us.....we will have to have 2 dishes no matter what.
Are you serious??? So, all this upgrading to the new MPEG 4 rcvr's does us no good? So even if I swap out my two 811's for two 211's and a dish 1000, I won't be able to recieve anymore HD than I already have??? IS THAT WHAT YOU"RE TELLING ME!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I swear, the almighty man upstairs as my witness, if this is true...I'll dump Dish, any and all SAT & or Cable, purchase a new TOSHIBA HD-A1 and watch nothing but HD-DVD's!!!

If it simply requires the install of another dish pointed elsewhere then fine.:eek:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts