MyFilestore.com - Your Free File Hosting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeap, still happening.... First visit to the site from home today. Earlier today, after it happened when visiting the first time (w/ Chrome), I tried with Safari and it did NOT happen. At home, as I said, it just happened (again, w/Chrome), but I tried with Firefox and it did NOT happen.

Last edited:
Been happening to me for the past couple of days, and again a few minutes ago. At first I thought it was a virus or a problem on my computer. I only just saw the thread here about it.

They (the pros) have been working on it for two days now and so far everything is clean.

They are wondering if its coming in via the ad server, but a few of you are pub members and see no ads from the rev.satelliteguys.us server. (Unless your not logged in) so now they are checking out the ad server.

It just happened again to me, and I am a pub member and was logged in, so it should not have been ads unless it is one of the few at the top gold sponsors or the single banner ad. It is so odd that it only manages to hijack the first click in via google/yahoo search/bookmarks. I assume they also looked at the facebook connect, I am on facebook too (and logged in there).

Also looking back at posts, it appears to have started around the 2-3rd of April, about the time that the VigLink change went in?

I know in that thread Scott mentioned that he turned them off, but that appears to be something that a third party changed around the time the myfilestore appears. Perhaps just a coincidence, but maybe not if it is not here.

Last edited:
I keep getting a "Trogan Horse has been Blocked" message.
If I do a Google search for "Satellite" or "4dtv" or anything like that, Google displays several links. I can click on any link and be OK but when I click on a "Satelliteguys" it takes me to an "Ooops" page and suggests I search "here" which is another search box. When I do, I come to the "Satelliteguys page with Avast's warning of a Trogan Horse has been blocked. It does it just once.
It won't do it again until I restart FireFox.

When I go to Avasts page to find out more, it shows the URL, The Process and the Infection.
When I Google these, it says my computer is infected but I ran Avast and Malwarebytes on a deep scan and there was nothing that came up.
I don't know if I should send the URL, The Process and the Infection information here or not or even if it will do any good.
All I can say though is the Trogan Horse alert doesn't happened when I click on the new Satelliteguys bookmark located in a new bookmarks folder.

When I go to Avasts page to find out more, it shows the URL, The Process and the Infection.

If you could email me the info it shows that would help. :)

scott at satelliteguys dot us.

We have been working on it now for 4 days and the experts can't find anything. (That is all this company does.)

I am now uploading all of the vBulletin files overwriting all the existing files.

I also going to clear the cache of all our CDN servers, perhaps we got rid of it but its cached on the cloud servers....

I got it again this morning. It is CLEARLY related to the first visit after "x" period of time (per browser / computer). This is also occurring on my Mac at work.

I scanned my PC with Malwarebytes and it came up clean.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Looks like a DNS cache issue.

Do you manage your own DNS server or does your hosting provider?

If it doesn't start going away in the next day or two, someone somewhere upstream probably needs to make some changes.

It seems to only happen when hitting the site from a Google search.

Looks like a DNS cache issue.

Do you manage your own DNS server or does your hosting provider?

If it doesn't start going away in the next day or two, someone somewhere upstream probably needs to make some changes.

It seems to only happen when hitting the site from a Google search.

Scott mentioned above that he thought DNS was via Comcast. But, the problem with a DNS issue is that it would seem to be more frequent than just the first visit after being away a few hours.

It makes me wonder if there is something different about the URL request coming from a yahoo/google bookmark/search that causes this to happen. The only thing I can think of is the "referer" [sic] field of the URL and how does the site interact with referer field information. Does vbulletin call special plug ins when it detects a referrer to log statistics? Does it only do then when the user is "logged out" or "timed out" from the site? Is some 3rd party site sent this information and perhaps that site is causing the redirect, or the call to that site has been corrupted?

I know it is nice to have the site ranked via various analytic services. Perhaps, cut out all that and see if the problem goes away.

You might be on to something there, it could be an intermediate server causing the problem, but I believe the reason different users are seeing this at different times is DNS TTL.

The message appears to be from the FlashBack malware.

If the SatelliteGuys servers have been checked out and there is no evidence that the malware is currently loaded on the servers, a mis/poorly configure DNS server/router somewhere totally outside of Scott's control could still be caching bad data by not expiring DNS records properly.

As a user, I can flush my local DNS as much as I want, but if I keep hitting a bad record somewhere out on the web there is nothing Scott on the server end, or any of us on the client end, can do.

It could actually be our own local ISPs, or a TTL value somewhere else that is being propagated.

I use OpenDNS at home and TWC (biz-class) at work. Occurs with both.

People have had it happen when typing directly in their address bar, albeit not as often. Most common seems to be when using 3rd party bookmarks, i.e. Google or Yahoo. A few have had it happen when clicking on search results.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I use OpenDNS at home and TWC (biz-class) at work. Occurs with both.

People have had it happen when typing directly in their address bar, albeit not as often. Most common seems to be when using 3rd party bookmarks, i.e. Google or Yahoo. A few have had it happen when clicking on search results.
It won't happen if you enter satelliteguys.us or satelliteguys.com directly in your browser, only if your coming from Google or Yahoo links.

Can someone test and see if they are getting it now. I have been testing for the last 45 minutes on different machine and have not been able to get it to come up.

Just hit it from an old Mac running Leopard with Safari that I don't usually use for surfing, and searched for the "More Craigslist Dishes" thread. Computer IP address is manually assigned using my ISP Shaw Cable's DNS.

After clink the link in Google results, got sent to the MyFile page.

I'll see if I can capture a redirect from my end before posting any other speculation on my part.

Chrome in M$ Vista Pro went to myfilestore when clicking the google result.

I also had this earlier,* in chrome in Ubuntu, when I clocked a link in the forum. Closing that window, and clicking the same link then went to the correct page. At the time I didn't think to much of it.
*Like yesterday or the day before. It only happened once. Don't remember the link.
Maybe have to put myfilestore in the hosts file.???

In both IE10 and Firefox 19.0.2, Google's Satellite Guys link for The Hopper Zone took me to the MyFilestore.com site.

I just searched for something else FTA on Yahoo and one of the search results was an old satelliteguys thread that redirected to myfilestore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts