Mysterious Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joeh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Louisville, KY Aera
I am having some mysterious issues. My current setup is a 1000.2 for 110, 119, and 129, and a 500 side wing with a single lnb for 77 which picks up my locals in HD.

Two times within the past week while watching a channel off of 77 on my 612 receiver the receiver will go over to the acquiring signal error screen. When this happens, I will go into the other room were a 722 is located and it will be working fine on a channel off of the 1000.2, so I turn it to the same channel that I was watching on my 612 and the 722 gives me the signal acquiring screen, it will go through the 5 steps and then start playing the channel, then just a few seconds later my 612 will come back on. Both times this has happened it has been very nice outside so I know its not a LOS issue with clouds. The last time it happened I contacted dish, and they told me to unhook the "sat in" cables from the 612 receiver and unplug power and let it sit for 30 seconds. Then plug the power back in, then put the cables back on the "sat in" connection. As you can see this hasn't resolved the issue as it happened again.

Does anyone have any ideas as to something I can look for or any ideas on how to resolve this?
I don't want to pay dish the $50 fee to come out and do "nothing". I am not going to start on my rant about charging for service techs, (the cable and phone company's don't!)

Thanks!

There is a short in your line, as a tech I see it all the time. The cause could be a piece of wire braid wrapped around the center conductor of the cable. Check both ends of the cable and it be a major suck out in the fittings.

I failed to mention, my 211k will just purr like a kitten during all this and displays the channel off of 77 just fine while my two DVR's have fun trying to find a signal.

There is a short in your line, as a tech I see it all the time. The cause could be a piece of wire braid wrapped around the center conductor of the cable. Check both ends of the cable and it be a major suck out in the fittings.

The 77 goes into the 1000.2 and from the 1000.2 I have three drops coming into the house. Do I need to put new ends on the drops coming into the house, or the one from the 1000.2 to the 77.

Yeah there are a few things you can check. I would first go over the cables and make sure everything is OK there. Honestly I see this a lot. Most of the time its a bad lnb or the switch in the 1000.2 might be going out.
As far as a tech you can get the service plan for $6 a month and covers all the equip no matter what and it would be only $15 for the tech... or now after Feb 1st it would be $95

Yeah there are a few things you can check. I would first go over the cables and make sure everything is OK there. Honestly I see this a lot. Most of the time its a bad lnb or the switch in the 1000.2 might be going out.
As far as a tech you can get the service plan for $6 a month and covers all the equip no matter what and it would be only $15 for the tech... or now after Feb 1st it would be $95

I guess you posted that while I was typing this up. But no longer sounds like the lnb. It's wither going to be a bad set of cables or that switch inside the 1000.2 lnb

If it's easy for you, change the fittings from the dish to the receivers. Make sure they are flushed inside the fittings and the extra center conductor is cut flush with they top of the fitting. Also, undo the lines going to the receivers from the Dish, tip the fitting upside down, if water leaks out, you need to swap out the line. It's common back East.

I failed to mention, my 211k will just purr like a kitten during all this and displays the channel off of 77 just fine while my two DVR's have fun trying to find a signal.

Do you happen to have an OTA antenna hooked up? I know, sounds like a silly question, but do you???

Ed

If it's easy for you, change the fittings from the dish to the receivers. Make sure they are flushed inside the fittings and the extra center conductor is cut flush with they top of the fitting. Also, undo the lines going to the receivers from the Dish, tip the fitting upside down, if water leaks out, you need to swap out the line. It's common back East.

Its all ground level so I can get to it easily (if they left enough slack in the cable), and I have the tools and compression ends to re-do it all.

He said he's having a problem with TWO DVRs.

Ed

Ok, to add some more water to the mud, If i am watching a 77 channel on my 722, and the 622 goes to the signal screen while watching a 77, my 722 will keep on working UNTIL I change the channel to a channel off the 77 and back onto the 77 then I get the signal screen on the 722, it does its checks and then both start working again. All while my 211K is watching a 77 channel with no problems during all this.

Yeah, but trust me there are a few ways around it. Just not 100%. You might be able to pick up the LNB at a local retailer or something like that. You ca also take the Service Plan and only $15 then cancel it for $25. Steep but you would milk it also. If you need remotes or anything like that you can get it all replaced for free :)
One more thing w/ the service plan, since it does place a warranty on the account you can req them send you the lnb as a replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts