'Mythbusters'

Star Wars special was fun. Three "Myths" tested.
1) Could Luke use a grappling hook and actually carry Leia across a 30' chasm as shown in the movie.
2) Will two giant logs really crush an armored vehicle
3) Would putting a person inside a recently deceased tauntaun hold enough body head to prevent hypothermia.

This was fun. Without giving anything away, I had an issue with 1. Why? Because Luke has the force. His gift is untrained and unrefined, but it still innately part of him. This means that things just "fall" his way because of undirected, subconscious connection with the force, like being able to bulls-eye womp rats with his T-16 back home. So getting a grappling hook to go around a pipe the first try is no big deal. :D

'MythBusters' Star Adam Savage on His Broken Bones, Emmy Optimism (Q&A)
Savage tells THR about this new season's most surprising findings, his mom learning about his recently broken hand via Twitter and why the sixth time could be the charm at this year's Emmys.
It's no myth that these are exciting times for the stars of Discovery Channel's venerable MythBusters, currently airing new episodes on Thursdays at 9 p.m. The show just earned its sixth reality-show Emmy nomination — this time in the newly created outstanding structured reality program category — and stars Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman have additionally been staying busy with their live MythBusters: Behind the Myths tour and a recent visit to this year's Comic-Con.
Which upcoming episodes in the new season were the most fun to shoot?

The two [episodes] that I'm most excited about — one is called "Traffic Tricks," in which we actually really take a deep look at the mechanics of traffic, the psychology of traffic and how to move cars more efficiently through space.

And I believe we close the season in early August with an episode called "Plane Boarding," where we got 200 volunteers. We actually mocked-up a full-size airplane in a building on a naval base here in San Francisco, and we ran our 200-plus volunteers through every methodology of boarding an airplane to determine which is the best method — and also to determine which method people like the most. Because in fact, the method that is the fastest is not the most popular.

More: hollywoodreporter.com

Last edited:
I watched last nights edition of Mythbusters and was absolutely shocked with the ending with Adam and Jamie announcing that they were getting rid of Kari, Tory and Grant from the show!

Their thanking them for 10 years seemed so insincere to me.

I think this is a BAD MOVE and could mean the demise of the show, which has already gone down hill with them trying to bust myths like How to kill a zombie... (umm guys Zombies are not real) if Light Sabers could really kill... (again fake...) and many more.

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: TNGTony
The show went off the rails years ago. I only watch casually now. I'm certain that Tori, Kari and Grant will end up with a new show together.

In a video announcement Thursday on Discovery Channel, "MythBusters" hosts Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman revealed that longtime co-hosts and fan favorites Kari Byron, Grant Imahara, and Tory Belleci are no longer on the show.

"This next season we're going back to our origins with just Adam and me," Hyneman said in the video, which explained that the change took hold as of the season's last episode on August 21.

"We're gonna take a brief moment to thank you guys for your incredible work over the last 10 years," Savage said in the video. "You've given literally your blood, sweat, and tears in the name of science and it has been a total pleasure not only to work with you but to call you our friends."

Added Hyneman, "We wish you the very best of luck and thank you."

Byron, Belleci, and Imahara responded to the news, and to their fans, on Twitter.
http://www.cnet.com/news/mythbusters-drops-hosts-kari-byron-grant-imahara-tory-belleci/

Haven't watched that show in years and never really liked it myself. I always thought that they did way too many substitutions for things, like "we can't find one of these, so we'll use this, even though it's not quite the same", always thought that if you didn't replicate the myth accurately, then it's kinda pointless to even bother because it proves nothing. Course, it is just a TV show and I imagine that they don't have an unlimited budget.

How to kill zombies and if light sabers could really kill? Too funny, I'd say that they're on a downhill slide on a slippery slope from the sounds of it.

I lost interest long ago. And to be truthful, I wasn't keen on "the three" anyway.

But what really turned me away was the flat out wrong information they sometimes put out. One was when they "busted" the "myth" that a sinking ship can drag you under. They toyed with a little boat and made their pronouncement, which was a dangerous one. I assure you, if you are on a sinking ship, you want to get as far away from it as you can, as fast as you can. Navies the world over teach that. And yep, there are plenty of people that went thru it, and lived to tell the tale. And sadly, many more that DIDN'T make it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts