N. American Spanish sub package?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
Question was asked to me today if their is any Spanish language subscription packages available in N. America particularly in the Mid-West. This person specifically stated that she did not want Dish Network or Directv.

She can not get the Sky Mexico spot beam.
I checked with Globecast and they do not offer any Spanish language packages that I could find. Found on Galaxy 28 a sub package "RedIntercable" but I don't know if it can be sub'd here or not.

Hmmm the only services would be Sky Mexico and Dish Mexico but both are out of the spot beam in the NW.

Other than that, no other services but what DN/DTV offer.. unless check with local Cable Company

Tell her to get a C-band dish and watch tons of Spanish tv.

C-Band is out of the question....This is in a large apartment building. Dish will be mounted on a 4' X 8' patio.

I already installed Azteca for her neighbor a few day's ago but she wants a sub package. If she can't get a sub package, I'll talk her into Azteca/Televisa fta but at least I told her I would check tonight.

PS: There is no line of site for 30.0°W Hispasat 1C 1D

Hmmm the only services would be Sky Mexico and Dish Mexico but both are out of the spot beam in the NW.

Other than that, no other services but what DN/DTV offer.. unless check with local Cable Company

I asked her about the cable company she said she owes them money and they are too expensive..........

Question was asked to me today if their is any Spanish language subscription packages available in N. America particularly in the Mid-West. This person specifically stated that she did not want Dish Network or Directv.

I checked with Globecast and they do not offer any Spanish language packages that I could find. Found on Galaxy 28 a sub package "RedIntercable" but I don't know if it can be sub'd here or not.

Her best choice would be to subscribe to Dish or Directv with their Latino package, it's fairly cheap with a good amount of channels, from music to movie channels.

I mean:

She can't have C band
She can't have cable
She can't receive Sky/Dish México

LOL i don't think she has any more options, even having Sky/Dish from México would be illegal since they don't have a permit to comercialize their services in the US.

In any case I think DirecTV has the better picture quality of both DTH services.

Let us know what happens, now i am more intrigued than never on the outcome of this :p.

M.

Wow. No Spanish language OTA in the Davenport-Rock Island-Moline area... But you have RTV and what looks like MHZ Worldview.

Here, there are nearly as many or more Spanish channels as not... Not really, 10 english and 7 spanish...

The client ought to pledge the PBS affiliate and lay a guilt trip in order to get V-me.

I was gonna offer that you could plant a C-band dish on the roof, build a distribution system and sell the service to that client and any others in the building who are interested. But then, the client might not pay.....YOU....:p:p:eek:

C-Band is out of the question....This is in a large apartment building. Dish will be mounted on a 4' X 8' patio.

I already installed Azteca for her neighbor a few day's ago but she wants a sub package. If she can't get a sub package, I'll talk her into Azteca/Televisa fta but at least I told her I would check tonight.

PS: There is no line of site for 30.0°W Hispasat 1C 1D
KTEL on 79W always has a strong signal; I think it is a Telemundo station, a lot of racy game shows and soap opera's all in Spanish.

FTAList.com - Spanish Channel List

For Mid-West the only small (small dish) soluton is Dish Network &/or DirecTV all other providers (Sky Mexico, etc.) will require if any chance 6 ft. off set fed antena first to run tests if by any chance. 1.8 m (6 ft.) is the best reference I have used for all my set ups, you can aim and adjust and try reading the dB in a spectrum analyzer to see if by any chance you get something and then calculate the size you will need to get decent readings......expensive test / task.

There might be some spillover:

IS-9@302E-MXKV.jpg

The beam looks more like a zone beam than a spot beam.....

Red Intercable: is just like HITS only that it's owned by Intercable, which is a cable company all arround South America, so they feed their headends by areas with that feed you found on Galaxy 28, also the beam is a zone beam aimed only at South America:

G-28-Ku-band-SA.jpg

DirectDishnet ... another alternative is having Televisa TV via internet Live. They offer channels 2,4,5,9 and TV Novela channels. Packages start at $100.00 pesos.

Here is the link from the televisa site

Code:
http://store.tarabu.com/ltv/ltv_home2.php

In that same topic, there's a televisa website where they offer some of their content for free, it's called tvolucion, that is if she doesn't care to watch taped shows:

Code:
http://www.tvolucion.com/

She may need to register to get full access to what they offer like forums and things like that.

Cheers

Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.