TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Weather- Cold compared to prior years!

Not much new to report on new technology, just more improvements on old technology.
Sony has introduced a new highend camcorder to compete with the HVR-Z1U called the HVRV1U. Improvements are that it shoots in native 24P and has several output formats including 29.97ifor 1080i. It does this with it's internal 3:2 pull down converter and then records to 1080ix1440. Physically smaller but has all the usual Pro features that the Z1U has. Also has a smaller chip set but greater chip native resolution than the Z1U. Outputing in 24P pass through suffers all the artifacting that any 24P camera will have with judder but in the interlaced mode it is quite clean as do all the video 29.97 cameras do.

Sony also announced the first 64 bit version of Vegas editing software that will run on Vista and 64 bit machines. It is expected to go into beta later in the summer.

JVC announced its news gathering HD camcorder that is the same as prior years but this year they have a low cost HD wireless solution for the camcorder that can send HD video back to the remote truck with microwave receiver. No cables!

JVC also demonstrated their pro version of the dila 1080p projector and I learned it has an MSRP of ~$6900. Additionally, AVS Allan Gouger is a dealer for these and could have some nice discounts for forum members.

Last night Sony, AMD, Microsoft, and VASST (video training company) Hosted a great party for about 1000 registered attendees. Unlike prior years, the Party had an abundaance of food of high quality. Door Prizes were given away such as a complete edit studio of Sony Software, and an AMD 64 bit tower. PS3, and other software including media libraries.

The largest attended booth was Apple's Final Cut Studio 2 just announced. I will try to get entrance to that today. Caught a glimpse of it yesterday, and the motion module looks real slick.

That's about it from me for Day 1. Anyone else from Satguys attending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)