Nagging Long Time Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
Thanks for reading my post. I've got this nagging long time problem with my setup that I'd like to try and resolve. Signal Path: (X2), (V-Box), (HH-Motor), (Ku Dish), (10' Bud) and a modified WNC 4x8 switch. X2 -------- VBOX ----------- HH MOTOR ---------- WNC 4x8 SWITCH. The 22khz ports of the switch (2), have the Ku Dish (Dual output LNBF). The other (2) ports have the BUD (Orthomode Feed (1 PORT 18V, the other modified to 13V). The Problem .... when I'm surfing and going to a channel that's on a different dish (i.e Ku to C, or C to Ku). The channel I switched to starts breaking up. To fix it, I have to cycle power on the Receiver, or cycle power on the WNC Switch. Then I can watch for a while without problems. Sometimes it only does it once, sometimes several times. It's annoying, and I'm tired of it now. In an effort to resolve this problem, I first tightened up all the connectors (No Joy). Secondly, I replaced the WNC switch, including the Power Supply (No Joy). Thirdly, I replaced my X2 with my MicroHD (No Joy). I think the problem is being caused by the modified WNC Switch. Is there a better way of getting the job done besides the modified WNC Switch? Thanks in advance for your help!

I've had good luck with these Zinwells.
http://gotcband.com/collections/muli-switch/products/zinwell-sam-4803
I am currently running four of them.
Go ahead and get a spare and swap out your wnc if you suspect it, they are cheap enough.
How are you grounding the dishes etc...

Old Diagram:

Powered Multiswitches.jpg

Reactions: KJ6EO
Since I have an Orthomode Feed on the BUD (2 Norsat 8115's), the non 22khz ports have to have 1 (18V) and 1 (13V) port. I'll have a look at them ... Thanks!

They are marked 13v and 18v. Don't exceed 750ma per switch.

8115s are 130ma each so I think you are good to go

That shouldn't be a problem. My HH Motor is before the switch. I ordered one off of Amazon. I'll get back to you after I've installed it. Thanks for your help!

That shouldn't be a problem. My HH Motor is before the switch. I ordered one off of Amazon. I'll get back to you after I've installed it. Thanks for your help!

Be careful ordering them off Amazon! I made that mistake. The picture showed sam-4803 but a similar looking switch arrived with a different model number. It did not have the big beefy power supply that the ones from gotcband.com sells. It came with a puny little wall wart. What you may end up getting is a Model:MS4X8WB-Z, it may work OK I just have not tried them.
EDIT: just checked, the puny little wall warts are rated at 750ma vs 1 amp for a sam-4803 PS.

Wallyhts who runs gotcband.com is a member here and a great guy to deal with.

Post the link to the one from Amazon and I can see if its actually a sam-4803 or not.
Quality Direct is the seller that makes the switcheroo. Its the only prime seller claiming sam-4803s.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts