Nagin - Katrinia Was God's Wrath On America

Status
Not open for further replies.
sidekick said:
and State and local are off the hook? C'mon now ... Seriously, sometimes stuff just happens. It doesn't mean that everything that happens is someone's fault. In the articles written about and by the army corps, it's stated that they were constructed to withstand Category 3 hurricanes. These were Category 4! Look at all the articles how local and State money was diverted away from important projects because of local and State political agenda. The system in Louisiana is corrupt and this woke up many in America to that fact. Nature doesn't play political sides. It's an equal opportunity destroyer. Million dollar homes get destroyed by fire in California; slums get destroyed by floods; regular Joe homes get destroyed by tornadoes. Instead of playing the blame game (which is ultimately the easiest and least productive thing to do) figure out what the problem is and fix it. However, in the case of New Orleans, I still believe that rebuilding in a flood plain is simply ludicrous and a waste of taxpayer money.

note latest analysis proved storm wasnt even a cat 3......

I believe that's incorrect. When Katrina hit landfall it was a strong category 3 storm at 125 mph. The banks werte built to sustain a fast moving Category 3. Katrina was a slow moving Category 3. The slow movement was what caused a great part of the damage. This is according to the National Hurricane Center and the army corps of engineers as well as NOAA. Further, prior to landfall, the winds were 140-145, a Category 4 storm. Please note that water is typically not on land. This is my last post on this subject. I wish all the people well who were affected by the disaster. My point remains ... sometimes S*@# happens. It's not always someone's fault.

sidekick said:
My point remains ... sometimes S*@# happens. It's not always someone's fault.
True - but in this case, I'm going to blame the corrupt politicans in N.O. and LA in general - both before and during the hurricane. :cool:

And as someone rather familiar with what FEMA is SUPPOSED to do, they reacted as well as any federal bureaucracy can be expected to - not well. And that's NOTHING to do with the party of the current administration.

simon,

you got that right about bureaucracy. remember what reagan said, "the thing that ought to scare the hell out of an american is a guy coming to your home and saying, im from the federal government and im here to help you"....LOL

How smart is it to play the race card when according to his statements, the people likely to be energized by those wacky statements won't be there to vote in April? :rolleyes:

panther,

that is why "school bus" is playing the race card and why he wants the people to move back. without "his people" he wont be mayor any more. maybe he can get a job driving one of those busses he left sitting around.:devil:

dragon002 said:
simon,
you got that right about bureaucracy. remember what reagan said, "the thing that ought to scare the hell out of an american is a guy coming to your home and saying, im from the federal government and im here to help you"....LOL
Another good Reagan quote:
The Great One said:
Government is not the solution, government is the PROBLEM!

CPanther95 said:
How smart is it to play the race card when according to his statements, the people likely to be energized by those wacky statements won't be there to vote in April? :rolleyes:

Its not to dang smart at all since he did not get much of the black vote. I really don't see to many none whites getting Energized by a dumb ass. Believe this or not alot of blacks don't like other blacks if they lie cheat and steal. I know there are alot of blacks i don't like that i am related to. Not because they are black because they act to European.

dragon002 said:
panther,

that is why "school bus" is playing the race card and why he wants the people to move back. without "his people" he wont be mayor any more. maybe he can get a job driving one of those busses he left sitting around.:devil:

Again "his people"?? Humm well i don't know who that is? I do know he is a crook and in office for the money. I guess its easier to bad mouth a chocolate crook the the others. His people?? Humm you mean the blacks that did not vote for him because they did not like or trust him?

sidekick said:
This is so similar to the people that own homes in Malibu on the Pacific Coast. Every so often a major storm causes homes to slide down the cliffs, and they get money from the government to build their homes onb the same spot where the same thing will happen again and again. Why should my tax dollars go top rebuild homes on an obviously unstable cliff? Why should my tax dollars go to rebuild homes below sea level in a flood plain? Doesn't make sense. Regarding State goverments and the Fed ... ever hear of the 14th amendment?

I agree. The best thing for everyone would be to slowly transition moving everything out of there. I do not want to pay to rebuild what WILL become Atlantis someday.

BlackHitachi said:
Again "his people"?? Humm well i don't know who that is? I do know he is a crook and in office for the money. I guess its easier to bad mouth a chocolate crook the the others. His people?? Humm you mean the blacks that did not vote for him because they did not like or trust him?

no dude,

im using HIS terms, NOT mine.

i dont play the race crap....ever.

im from DONORA PA ever heard of it? Ken griffey sr ( and i know him) and ken griffey jr (i have met once) federal judge Reggie Walton (i know personally) "deacon" dan towler(all american and NFL) , pope galliffa (all american) joe montana (our field was his home h.s. field) lee sala (pro boxer) , get the point?

im the imcoming president of DYAA, our hometown midget football league. i dont care if these kids are black, white, hispanic or spanish. i included spanish, the hometown spaniards (from spain) insist on that designation. they are all equal in my eyes.....PERIOD!!!

we got over the black/white crap a long time ago. i helped a friend and classmate of mine (1975) get elected to city council this year. he is black democrat baptist, im italo-american republican catholic, ya know what , he was the best man for the job.

NAGIN is an A** Hole:devil:

dragon002 said:
no dude,

im using HIS terms, NOT mine.

i dont play the race crap....ever.

im from DONORA PA ever heard of it? Ken griffey sr ( and i know him) and ken griffey jr (i have met once) federal judge Reggie Walton (i know personally) "deacon" dan towler(all american and NFL) , pope galliffa (all american) joe montana (our field was his home h.s. field) lee sala (pro boxer) , get the point?

im the imcoming president of DYAA, our hometown midget football league. i dont care if these kids are black, white, hispanic or spanish. i included spanish, the hometown spaniards (from spain) insist on that designation. they are all equal in my eyes.....PERIOD!!!

we got over the black/white crap a long time ago. i helped a friend and classmate of mine (1975) get elected to city council this year. he is black democrat baptist, im italo-american republican catholic, ya know what , he was the best man for the job.

NAGIN is an A** Hole:devil:

Hey hold on i agree with you believe me I was quick to get into it with Vurbano in another thread about something similar. Not pulling that sh*t but i am telling you most blacks there do not like him!! I don't give a sh*t about him saying it. He can say my people all he wants. All i am saying is they are crooks in the local government down there. I was quick to defend until a wile back Vurbano and i went back and forth a bit. Had nothing against the guy just misunderstood him until i went down there to help people. Man it pisses me off! I saw alot of good people and alot of sh*t people down there. All i am saying is just because there are a few who supports him doesn't mean all like him. So again not pulling no race card.

vurbano said:
I agree. The best thing for everyone would be to slowly transition moving everything out of there. I do not want to pay to rebuild what WILL become Atlantis someday.

After seeing that place i do not know why anyone would want to live there yea carnival is cool but, maybe it is for the best if people move to above sea level!

hitachi,
real men are real men, poverty pimps are poverty pimps.
i respect your opinion, you are not always right or wrong and neither am i.
we just have to pass on a better America to our children.

My Grandson is helping to clean up the mess in Miss. This is a natural disaster, not a racial issue. God is testing us and if you can't understand that well neighter can I. But we are not as smart as God. Maybe its to see how we help our fellow man in a crisis?

dragon002 said:
hitachi,
real men are real men, poverty pimps are poverty pimps.
i respect your opinion, you are not always right or wrong and neither am i.
we just have to pass on a better America to our children.

Amen to that!! This is why i work so hard and take good care of my wife ,children, and grand mother!

On a side note when the playoffs started at work i picked Carolina vs. Pittsburgh.

halsan40 said:
My Grandson is helping to clean up the mess in Miss. This is a natural disaster, not a racial issue. God is testing us and if you can't understand that well neighter can I. But we are not as smart as God. Maybe its to see how we help our fellow man in a crisis?

You are very right it is a natural disaster. Its just i read these boards and i here alot of lazy black butts. Alot of those people. Its all a slum anyway. Thats just not true! There are alot of hardworking people that should not get lumped into one group. It was not all a ghetto. Thats why i get upset when i read somethings on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.