Nagra 3 Encryption????

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Simple answer, they all repointed their dishes from 91/82 to 119/110 and will use the same box to steal Dish Network until N3 is implemented fully there. Then you'll see them for sale, not before.
yep

Simple answer, they all repointed their dishes from 91/82 to 119/110 and will use the same box to steal Dish Network until N3 is implemented fully there. Then you'll see them for sale, not before.

I disagree, those who were watching Bell are still watching Bell, granted, a few moved in the transition. I live in the North, I see it in almost every house I visit, even some business, actually, a lot of businesses. For the life of me I can't see how Expressvu can make any $$...

A few days ago I was searching for an app to download a new channel list to my receiver. One of the hits I got in the search was for one of the pay FTA (in name only) websites. They were advertising a hack for the N3 (for a fee) for almost any hackable box on the market. If N3 is so great and secure, how is it going to stop the theft of services if it has been hacked before it was fully implemented???

A few days ago I was searching for an app to download a new channel list to my receiver. One of the hits I got in the search was for one of the pay FTA (in name only) websites. They were advertising a hack for the N3 (for a fee) for almost any hackable box on the market. If N3 is so great and secure, how is it going to stop the theft of services if it has been hacked before it was fully implemented???
right its only matter of time

if the system was ever going to be secure it would be already, after almost 15 years they should be able to figure out how to secure there channels.
Simple answer is they must want thier system comprimised.

Yep, they want it compromised. Why would they? Because they are making money off of it. DIsh Network is making profits off of this. Look what they did back in the C-Band days.

SCAM!!!! peeps usually don't know anything and will pay for snake oil, The same thing was going on at the last swap when N1 was nearly over and N2 was starting. It also was going on when DTV was getting rid of their P3 cards ( BTW the P4/5 cards are still unhackable after many years). If it is hacked again the info will be on the hacker sites for free, and not just the Google adds at the top. When or if it gets hacked again you will be able to read about it many places and just not billboard adds.

................... because none of the hackers even know there are people who are non hackers who might be interested in buying the boxes, they figure they are totally useless and they move on to the next box.
Naaa, that's not it, I've seen plenty of useless, outmoded, obsolete and outdate stuff [crap] on Fleabay. Google VC2 module, or Voom.....lol
They know, but are hopeing for the best that their box will be one that is resurected on the next go around. N2 will be out of both streams for some period of time before [if] a compromise for the non IKS capable generation of FTAs is seen. If the encryption is not cracked, it cant be emulated in software, plain as that, and bye bye to anything but sharing of subscription channels info.
Capturing the raw value of a 'key' of a subscribed channel is doable by virtually any fifth grader, he doesnt even have to be smart, just able to follow directions.
Sharing that info over a LAN or WAN is equally plug and play with the proper HW and SW, and a sizable sack full of big brass ones I might add. The internet is a public domain. There is no anonimity her. Any one who believes that is diluding themselves. There is not even a right to privacy, so if someone is doing something illegal, and they get caught, too bad so sad.
I still think once N3 is fully implemented for say 2-3 months, and there is no compromise of N3 for the Freeloaders To Air crowd you will see a glut of the non IKS type DVB units spill into the market. It stands to reason that they would try to re-coop some value to re-invest in an IKS compliant unit.
As for actually prosecuting the very trackable IKS users, and squelch signal piracy once and for all, Echo would have to want that to happen. I personally dont think they do.

Reading some of the FTA sites, they are ready for N3. They want N3 hit in full stream because of the profit and status of being the first company to break it. The first company to break it, can charge what ever they want to other companies for the codes and thus make a huge profit. Some companies are already getting to release their 2010 line-up of receivers. Money talks and the right programmers can make anything happen for the right price. I give it 3-4 weeks and they will be back in business, watch and see. Charlie's a dope.

Some companies are already getting to release their 2010 line-up of receivers. Money talks and the right programmers can make anything happen for the right price. I give it 3-4 weeks and they will be back in business, watch and see. Charlie's a dope.

Kinda makes you wonder if Dish isn't getting a little kick-back on receivers.:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)