Nagravision on Amc 5.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobsav2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
St rémi Québec Canada
Hi Guys.I have a 36'' Fortec dish with a linear lnb hooked up toa Pansat 2700 no diseq sw just a straight rg 6 cable.Lnb is set to universal 2.When i do a blind scan at the very end of the yellow bari get that tp 11675 H SR 20.000.Usualy i get nothing past the middle of the bar.When i scan that tp i get 7 Nagravision stations.TV 157 TV 385 TV 812 ETC signal is about 40%Of course they are all scrambled.Any idea who the provider is ?Seems to me to be unusual to get Nagravision on Amc 5.Mabye Ice would know.Thank....Bob....Please excuse my english i am French from Québec Canada.

circular stuff

Lak I sometimes get stuff off 77 if I blind scan 79 with the traxis receiver. I think it can smell a circular bird from 10 degrees away!! Or maybe it's coming from 82, either way its annoying.

Tony,
Try a blindscan of Galaxy 17 (91W) with your Buzz plus, and I bet you'd get all of Nimiq 1, as well . That's the first time I ran into the problem, with the Buzz's huge , uneditable, blindscan range .

:)

....I think it can smell a circular bird from 10 degrees away!! .
So can my Pansat 9200! I blind scanned 74w, and it also found several things from 72.7w, one of which was a channel that shows HD movies!:eek: Why THAT came in ITC I do not know. I do know the signals from that sat seem to overload my 9200's processor, 'cause it s-l-o-ws down terribly when it hits one of those signals! :rolleyes:

sadly a Universal will scan a DBS slot a few degrees away since they are so strong

That is one of the reasons I switched to standard LNB :)

Already found that out Brent, actually I suspected it might, will do the same as the traxis on 79, so you gotta watch that runaway blind-scan when you scan those 2 sats. Or AMC9, or AMC16 too. Those circ sats put out so much power, I bet if they cut them down to 50%-they'd last 30years in space!!

But if they cut down on the power they put out they would need to replace millions of dishes with larger ones.

I found I get some transponders even when using a standard lnb.

You're right, and at the rate they're going I don't think they'll be around 30 years.

Friday April 13, 2029 to be exact. That's the day scientists forecast asteroid 2004MN4 to pass between the Earth and the geosynchronous satellites. It's projected to miss the planet by 18,600 miles. The satellites are at 22,300.:eek:

That's interesting... I wonder how accurate their estimates are. The Clarke Belt is a thin line above the equator, but is there a chance the asteroid could hit one of the satellites on its way into or out of their orbit? Note the Friday the 13th date... I'm sure all the doom-and-gloom mongers will be working overtime that year :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts