Nahuel 1 at 71.8 W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I saw that Nahuel 1 at 71.8 W can be picked up in Southern U.S.

Can anyone in Florida or any other southern state receive programming from this satellite?

This weekend I was able to receive the SCETV feeds very well from the Estrela do Sul 1 satellite at 63.0 W. Only scanned in when setting the LO of my universal LNB to 11750 instead of 11600 with 22Khz on.

I used to pick up a few channels from this satellite here in MN. !

Iceberg could probably answer this or anyone else who has experience with universal LNBF's.

When I program my Coolsat 4000 Pro using LO 11600 with 22 KHz ON at AMC 6 I get AMC 6 channels. When setting the LO to 11750 with 22 KHz ON I get Nahuel 1 channels.

The same is true for Echostar 3. LO 11600 with 22 KHz ON I get Echostar 3 channels. When setting the LO to 11750 with 22 KHz ON I get Estrela do Sul 1 channels.

Why don't channels on Estrela do Sul 1 and Nahuel 1 appear when the LO is set to 11600 and 22 KHz is turned ON?

If this is the way it should act, what other satellites require the LO set to 11750 and 22 KHz turned ON when performing a scan?

I have searched long and hard for nahuel one here in VT and dont ever get even a flicker on the sq meter :(

PopcornNMore said:
Iceberg could probably answer this or anyone else who has experience with universal LNBF's.

When I program my Coolsat 4000 Pro using LO 11600 with 22 KHz ON at AMC 6 I get AMC 6 channels. When setting the LO to 11750 with 22 KHz ON I get Nahuel 1 channels.

The same is true for Echostar 3. LO 11600 with 22 KHz ON I get Echostar 3 channels. When setting the LO to 11750 with 22 KHz ON I get Estrela do Sul 1 channels.

Why don't channels on Estrela do Sul 1 and Nahuel 1 appear when the LO is set to 11600 and 22 KHz is turned ON?

If this is the way it should act, what other satellites require the LO set to 11750 and 22 KHz turned ON when performing a scan?

never tried that before. The only time I used a Universal is when I wanted to rid of the .6 LNB and upgrade to a .4

I'm confused on the question...LO for Universal should be 9750/10600 or 10600 with 22k turned on.

PopcornNMore said:

You aren't scanning the lo-band of the universal when you have 22Khz ON. When scanning non-US sat's I'd put it on a universal LNB setup.

Iceberg said:
I'm confused on the question...LO for Universal should be 9750/10600 or 10600 with 22k turned on.

I agree, but the only way I can tune in channels from these two satellites is by setting the LO to 10750 with 22k turned on. When I set the LO as expected 9750/10600 or 10600 with 22k turned on these two satellites do not scan in. :confused:

It is odd and I found this by accident changing the LO to 10750 just to see what would happen.

When scanned, six channels appear on Nahuel 1 and one channel (SECTV Feeds) on Estrela do Sul 1 with excellent quality video. :)

Does anyone else receive programming from these satellites and if so what is your LO setting?

I have a standard ku lnb, just did a scan for Nahael 1 with my Pansat with the setting at "All" and got 2 channels (scrambled) that are not listed on lyngsat. They scanned as $TV1 and $TV2. Then I entered the PID's for GBN and it scanned in, would not scan with blind scan. This is at the same location as AMC6 (my guess, same sat) and my Coolsat doesn't list it, so I'm not going to bother to create it. However, Lyngsat list most of the available channels as either Argentina or Latin America. The argentina spot beam would be to far of a reach to get. The Latin America spot beams, unfortunately for me, are on Universal TP's (i.e. below 11700), and I don't have or plan to get a Universal lnb. Sorry!
And, back to the Pansat scan. There were 4 other channels that had a strong quality signal (63-76), but the Pansat would not capture. Don't have a clue what they were or the 2 scrambled channels it did capture.

Al

As for me here in New Mexico, I can get one channel a color bar "PAL video" from Argentina right now, and for some strange reason I get more channels in the winter than in the summertime.

I think the cold weather help the LNB gets more gain!!

All by just using 11.600 L.O. mode instead of 11.750.:D

No luck on SUL-1 for any MPEG-2 QPSK mode but however there are some signals that are mistery to me.

What is the freq, for SECTV? "you can put it on WUT forum":hungry:

Happy TV DXing!!

Nahuel 1 scans in about 4-6 channels for me.

1 is a test card

Ecuatronix ( which at one point was a DVD idled screen saver 24 hrs a day)

VEA CANAL

UNSION

Canal 27

Canal 48

Ok, lately signal strength has been very bad, and before it was marginal but viewable with ocasional tiling.

I'll check again and play with diseqc motor control to see if I can tweak something better , and I'll post it later tonight.

oh, I also scan in the 2 $ scrambled channels , don't know what they are.

Sadly, I have no quality on any Nahuel 1 stations, seems I've been losing quality for some time, if it's related to warm weather I guess i'll just have to wait until fall again.

I did a Blindscan and only locked in, GBN and the 2 $TV channels.

When I scanned I was getting both AMC and Nahuel 1 channels in one shot , I believe my Coolsat setting is just Universal LNB. I'll pay more attention to my setting to see if it's on LO.

jayelem,

I have a Coolsat as well. When I set the LO to 10600 with 22k ON or set the LNB to universal with 22K AUTO I receive the AMC 6 channels. When I set the LO to 10750 with 22k ON I receive the Nahuel 1 channels.

I will post the frequencies and PID's for SECTV Feeds on Estrela do Sul 1 within the WUT area later today. I was receiving a very strong signal in the 80's this weekend on my Coolsat of the SECTV Feeds.

PopcornNMore said:
jayelem,

When I set the LO to 10750 with 22k ON I receive the Nahuel 1 channels.
With those setting I got 6 useable tps. Channels cart-1 thru 6 $7 001,$8 002 and tv1.
I'm in fl by the way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)