Nahuel 1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SnockZilla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
Is there anything broadcasting 24/7 on Nahuel 1 and AMC 6 so that I can lock onto it? If so please post the freqs. Thanks

Nahuel 1 is aimed towards Latin America, so you probably wouldn't be able to pick it up

The only thing on AMC6 that is right now 24/7 is WVGN (NBC from USVI). However, it is very low power to pick up. Only shows a 30 quality on the Pansat

11802 H 2.000

Iceberg said:
Nahuel 1 is aimed towards Latin America, so you probably wouldn't be able to pick it up

The only thing on AMC6 that is right now 24/7 is WVGN (NBC from USVI). However, it is very low power to pick up. Only shows a 30 quality on the Pansat

11802 H 2.000

I am on my most south sat SBS 6 setup with my motor. In your opinion should I just keep it the way it is or would you try to line up AMC 6 as the most south sat?

SnockZilla said:
I am on my most south sat SBS 6 setup with my motor. In your opinion should I just keep it the way it is or would you try to line up AMC 6 as the most south sat?

If SBS6 is your southern satellite, don't change it.

You can try to get AMC6, all it would take is a small nudge to the east

Just for reference I get WVGN on AMC6 at a signal quality of.....

60 on the BEC DBS-2000
40 on the Satwork with a slightly better picture, IMO.

PSB said:
Just for reference I get WVGN on AMC6 at a signal quality of.....

60 on the BEC DBS-2000
40 on the Satwork with a slightly better picture, IMO.

damn. The Pansat always gets around a 30-35 at the most

Got a Question

I am lined up on AMC 6. I have the settings on my USALS set at 72 Degrees for the sat. I put in my L & L and it moves my dish 3.4 deg to the east loosing my signal. What am I doing wrong?

Once you put in your true south sat and you L& L, you really don't have to do anything.

If you change anything once its set up (L &L or true south), it throws it out of whack.

Iceberg said:
Once you put in your true south sat and you L& L, you really don't have to do anything.

If you change anything once its set up (L &L or true south), it throws it out of whack.

What sequence do I do first. Line up the sat then enter my L & L or L & L than line up the sat?

I'm not at home, so this is from my fried memory :)

There is a spot in the USALS where you put your L&L and then it says "reference" or "south". That would be the true south.

Once you put that in, you should be OK

Here is my problem. I am resetting my position from SBS6 to AMC6 being my most south sat. I moved the motor to 0 deg position. Reset the Pansat. Lined up AMC6. Went into USALS Sat pos is at 72 deg. I input my L & L at 75W and 40N. It When I highlight the move it wants to move the dish east 3.4 degs. I don't know what I am doing wrong? I am not sure what the Reference Position is for?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)