Name base recording terms...

TPnMD

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
I know the terms speak for themselves, but I have Sky Angel and the 625. Many programs on Sky Angel wont record using New or All Episodes. Some do, the ones with program specific guide information. Does anyone know if the codes that make this work are in the program or program information on the guide? Also, I have found how to override the system from not recording a "Duplicate" or "Not a new episode" by Restoring it on the Timer schedule. Is the the only way? It's a paid to go in and do this for every programs that is lined out.

I can't beleieve the software even looks for new or duplicated programs even when using the M-F or Daily feature. By using this it should turn off the Name Base Recording.

I've found these terms on the daily schedule when scrolling the shows I'm wanting to record. Almost all of them are lined through. Are there channels or programs on DISH where the Name Base Recording doesn't work?

I've tried to record these programs using the NBR and here are the results:

It says Lassie is "not a new episode" Lined through
It says Shop 'til you Drop is a "Duplicate event" Lined through
It says Joyce Meyer "Exists on DVR" Lined through
The Way of the Master program has the same information on the guide yet works with the name base recording.

Now I'm trying to record the comedy show Bananas. As soon as I select "New Episodes", it lines it out. If I choose "All episodes", it does not line it out, although this is the first time I've attempted to record this. However, it also doesn't find all episodes of that program that airs on other channels. Is it because the guide information is different on each channel? The name is both Bananas

So, is it something coded in the show or in the guide?
Thanks.

When you use the 625 to Name Base Record, and Select New Episodes, it will only record shows with the current year in the EPG eg. "2005" so if lassie was not brodcast in the current year, "New Episodes" will not work for it

rmorton0573 said:
When you use the 625 to Name Base Record, and Select New Episodes, it will only record shows with the current year in the EPG eg. "2005" so if lassie was not brodcast in the current year, "New Episodes" will not work for it

that makes no sense because most of the re-runs this year have 2005 in the info screen. i guess these will get recorded even though they are re-runs? i thought it went off the fact the the word "new" was in the info screen.

The following is taken fron the 625 NBR manual:

Timer Skip Types
The following are reasons why timers are skipped. They are listed within Daily Schedule,
when you choose select a previous day's timer from the list.
• Priority - this timer had a lower priority than other events being recorded at the time.
• User - a user chose to skip that timer.
• Duplicate event - there is already another timer set to record that program.
• Event exists in DVR - the program was already recorded and can be seen in the
DVR Events list.
Not a new episode - used for New Episode timers. Currently, a New Episode is one
that has the current year listed in the EPG info.

• Incorrect event - for Weekly, Daily and Monday-Friday timers. If the guide has a different
event listed (for example, the timer was set up for Daily, but it only occurs Monday-
Friday) the timer will be skipped.

GaryPen said:
What if it's a rerun from the current year?
It is considered NEW.

What's even worse than that though is if there is no date in the description it is also considered new. (I have to delete alot of SG-1 because of this)

I would rather delete something than miss it because the guide info didnt show the program as "NEW".

Garypen-

When would you expect to see new episodes of lassie? That show hasnt been filmed in how many years? If it only recorded new episodes of a show thats not new it would never record for you.....

Is the NBR perfect, of course not. Its still alot better than not having it at all.

EPG's have tags for everything related to individual shows is what Ive heard, I'll have to do some searching but if its true then the tags would trip specific looks for rerun and new ect ect. And if this is the case then broadcaster (IE ABC, NBC, for example ) would be responsible for submitting the tags for each broadcast event and given that skyangel isnt a main stream broadcaster geared towards technology as compared to others would lend to the root cause.

Im gonna do some research to see if the tags in EPG's Ive heard about is true and try to post back here later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts