NAS MFH-1 SBCA Certification Class

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
DSI is hosting this seminar on January 10th and 11th at their Vegas office, for about $400 per enrollee. Is anyone here going? It is supposed to introduce and expound upon DirecTV's latest "one wire" system for MDUs, and, as I interpret or construe DSI's vague description of its capabilities, it seems capable of somehow squeezing more than just four of the many satellite bands desired by residences that can only be connected by a single cable.

The present NAS super-stacker technology takes the four Ku bands, (Sat A evens and odds, Sat B/C evens and Sat B odds) and stack them up to 3.6Ghz, but that leaves no room for Ka. Now for the time being, anyone's needs could theoretically be met by diplexing into that one 250-750Mhz Ka band that contains their locals, if they had subscriber units that could enable their receiver to tune to the Ka sub-band, but as soon as DirecTV starts using Ka for national programming, residents will need simultaneous access to more than one of their Ka bands. For this new system to do what I believe they claim it can do, it will have to do more than a .3.6Ghz-Ku/cbale band Ka kludge could do to pull this off.

It is not clear from what I have read how the much heralded and long awaited FTM system might be incorporated into the MFH-1 system. Enquiring minds would like to know more, but since I wasn't planning on attending the CES Show, it would have cost me about a grand to attend DSI's NAS MHF-1 certification seminar. I'm going to wait for the east coast seminar, but in the mean time, I hope that someone at the show takes the seminar and reports back to us.

Last edited:
Didn't make it, but sounds interestng. Its hard to see plopping down $400 for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)