Nasa Fta?

off by the unit..

off on the remote puts it in standby to receive info as needed

with the unit on, press and hold down power button (I think on the 3900 its two buttoms) untilo the light goes out. Release and let it cycle through (also known as a hard reset)

Iceberg said:
... with the unit on, press and hold down power button (I think on the 3900 its two buttoms) untilo the light goes out. Release and let it cycle through (also known as a hard reset)
I always thought that was a "soft reset", with a "hard reset" being a power plug pull.

I thought they did the same thing

turn off, turn on, cycle through everything.

Was working on aiming a dish and using a 301 and everytime I got done, I had to do the reset. Made it work (and downloaded the newest software)

On at least some (many? all?) E* receivers, a soft reset (reboot) reinitializes the software, but not necessarily all the hardware. Power pull definitely resets everything. ;)

Do you see 213 listed? Is it Red or Green? Another idea would be to get a older dish, the one that has just one lnb, and point it to 119.

I have no problem getting 213 NASA with a 1000 and 2700 unit and a older dish and lnb.

Good luck!

Ken

Well, I brought in my authorized receiver from the RV, and it works fine. All appropriate channels, etc. I did a check switch, and got ODD and EVEN on 119 just fine. The other receiver (out of service) still cannot get NASA. In the guide, it only shows 101, then jumps to a 94XX BTV channel, then to 9500 Interactive Weather. Interestingly, I cannot get 9500 Interactive Weather on any of my authorized receivers. Again, the out of service receiver is a 3000. The dish is a single LNB legacy no-name thing. If I point it to 110 and do a check switch, I get EVEN/ODD and 110 designation. However, back on 119, I only get EVEN and no sat designation.
Very strange indeed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts