NASA HD on AMC9 KU

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah I caught the shuttle docking last weekend. Too bad it's not really HD. Had the HD logo but not the real McCoy

I spoke to soon here. I was watching that feed on Galaxy 28 last weekend. This is different and showing 720x480

Well if it's 720x480 it's just widescreen SD. Is it a real downscaled copy of the HD program, or is it stretch-o-vision?

The "real" HD channel on AMC-3 C-Band (HQ-105) is a high definition version of the NASA-TV public channel (HQ-1), which is the channel available on pay services such as Dish and DTV. HQ-105 is 720p, however, much of the video shown is upconverted and pillarboxed. The HD channel was a part-time feed channel until somewhat recently.

Apparently, the "HD" channel on Ku-Band is a downconversion of the AMC-3 HD channel.

Last edited:
Langsat does not show

NASA HD on AMC9 KU 83.0 W
Channel AMC-9/3-F
TP 11774 H
4232 5/6
NASA HD

maybe I have wrong sat.

Langsat does not show NASA HD on AMC9 KU 83.0 W Channel AMC-9/3-F TP 11774 H 4232 5/6 NASA HD maybe I have wrong sat.
AMC9K/3F is a NBC news feed channel in SD resolution. NBC was rebroadcasting NASA HD for whatever event happened at the time the OP made this thread. NASA only uses Ku-band occasionally to feed the NASA HD channel for some events where the video can't be transported by NASA LAN to the master control/uplink. The full-time service is on c-band with public and media in HD and the museum channel in sd that also doubles as a feeder to cable and dbs who carry only the SD feed.

Cool. Thats normally just color bars so its nice to see stuff on there ;)

Lol Tony thats what i was talking about as "power user" in my other post, you didnt even have to think twice to know what was one that bird and TP hehe

i wish my house had a better view of the arc

that transponder I've used to aim a dish at 83W since RTV can be finicky

thats what I used to aim my "portable dish" on Friday....ironically that transponder wasnt there Saturday as 2 college football games took up the whole transponder (11760-11780) where those news feeds usually reside...but that's what I was aiming for ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)