NASA on AMC7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Is NASA still on AMC7 (137)
TP18?

Working on a project and want to make sure there is a clear signal on AMC7 before trying to aim my small dish (see the FTA section for more info on that)

I just checked the signal and it is there ITC on AMC7-18. Be forwarned that NASA seems to have a lot weaker signal on that satellite for North American users. There is supposed to be new signals availible in MPEG/FTA on AMC 6 soon.

so what should I use to aim towards AMC7?

I have a Toshiba TX-1420 with no VCII board in it (I ripped it out to save weight) :)

Nothing else is really fta on AMC-7 in analog, you can try AMC-10 TR-10H(home shopping network) or 9V(QVC US) they are in the clear.

I'm trying to see if I can get the Anchorage Mux with my DVB receiver and it would be easier to see if I can get a analog signal first so I know I'm in the ballpark :)

We've been able to get digital C-Band on a 48" and a 40"...now for a 36 :D

Ice I`ve been following with great interest in all you guy`s mini BUD projects. :) Kind of a reverse when us BUD users strap a DBS lnbf`s on our feedhorns and go signal hunting. The way I see it is maybe the mini BUD might not get a whole bunch of great signals but if you can grab a few here and there on different satellites it is a big bonus. ;) Lot`s of fun and enjoyment for the small cost of a c-band lnbf.

Good luck.

'Berg,

Since you are going for the Anchorage mux (finally going C, I applaud you), aim your dish in the direction of AMC 7 until you pick up any scrambled channel. These signals are strong enough to let you know that you are on that bird. They will be messed up, but they should be clear as a bell. Then switch over and do the Anchorage thing. That's how I did it before NASA came on AMC 7. Good luck.

Diamond Jim said:
'Berg,

Since you are going for the Anchorage mux (finally going C, I applaud you), aim your dish in the direction of AMC 7 until you pick up any scrambled channel. These signals are strong enough to let you know that you are on that bird. They will be messed up, but they should be clear as a bell. Then switch over and do the Anchorage thing. That's how I did it before NASA came on AMC 7. Good luck.

cant technically do C-band due to the damn HOA

Going to see if one of my Ku dishes can pick it up
Cascade can get C-Band with a 4 footer, Pete with a 40" Primestar

I'm going to see if one of the dish farm will allow me to get something C-band :)

(If I could be the head of my HOA, first thing I'd do is "allow the president of the HOA to put a C-Band in the yard" :D

Yes it should Iceberg. When I was messing around with my 5' mesh that is the kind of signal I saw when I was pointing around 129W. Should be the same for the sat your are aiming at. I need to mess around with my 84E P* dish and my C band feed-horn.

Iceberg said:
so without a VCII board in the receiver, it will just be a scrambled picture?

Iceberg said:
so without a VCII board in the receiver, it will just be a scrambled picture?

Yea, it will be scrambled, if you had the board in, it would tell you "no subscription."

I have also heard of people taking aluminum strips and placing them around the edge of the dish to make it bigger. I don't know if it would work, as I said, just heard about it.

ok..cool

A hunting I will go tongiht :D

hopefully I can get SOMETHING C-Band with my setup :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)