Nasa Press Kit/NOVEMBER 2011 error

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
Nasa don't even know what satellite their channel is broadcasting. I hope they know which planet they are sending the next rover to this saturday. :rolleyes:

From the Nasa Press Kit/NOVEMBER 2011:

"The NASA TV Media Channel is available on an MPEG-2 digital C-band signal accessed via satellite AMC-6,at 72 degrees west longitude, transponder 17C, 4040MHz, vertical polarization."

I think that should be AMC-3 at 87 degrees. :)

They must have fixed it, cause I just went and looked and it has the right bird and the right transponder and frequency now too.

They havent been at 72W for a long time

They use to be on 72W and 137W (for east and west coasts)

It's just like government. Each office is in charge of different aspects, or resource. One office is dependent on another office for resources. But when the dependent office "quotes" the resources used, the information is often not current. because the dependent office isn't informed, or ignore the updated information, because the are not in control of the resource, just dependent upon it.

It's just like government. Each office is in charge of different aspects, or resource. One office is dependent on another office for resources. But when the dependent office "quotes" the resources used, the information is often not current. because the dependent office isn't informed, or ignore the updated information, because the are not in control of the resource, just dependent upon it.
Yup! We're shooting that rocket off to Jupiter, or one of it's moons, or was that Saturn

well its since been fixed on the pdf

Getting NASA TV via satellite (AMC3
Transponder 15C)
In continental North America, Alaska and
Hawaii, NASA Television’s Public,
Education, Media and HD channels are
MPEG-2 digital C-band signals carried by
QPSK/DVB-S modulation on satellite
AMC-3, transponder 15C, at 87 degrees
west longitude. Downlink frequency is
4000 MHz, horizontal polarization, with a
data rate of 38.86 Mhz, symbol rate of
28.1115 Ms/s, and 3/4 FEC. A Digital
Video Broadcast (DVB) compliant
Integrated Receiver Decoder (IRD) is
needed for reception.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)