NASA-TV HD Channel Official

I recall reading that HDNET broadcasts the Space Shuttle Launches in HD because they brought the HD technology to NASA after the Columbia disaster in 2003.

NASA has been increasing the use of HD on Shuttle missions, and the ISS the past couple years. But, like most channels, it'll take years to be rid of the SD stuff...

But imagine a 3d HDTV with 3d HD from a spacewalker's helmet cams...

I recall reading that HDNET broadcasts the Space Shuttle Launches in HD because they brought the HD technology to NASA after the Columbia disaster in 2003.

NASA has been increasing the use of HD on Shuttle missions, and the ISS the past couple years. But, like most channels, it'll take years to be rid of the SD stuff...

But imagine a 3d HDTV with 3d HD from a spacewalker's helmet cams...

I often wish NASA would send another rocket to the Moon because of us now having HD. I think it would be awesome to see pictures from the Moon in color & HD.

Ghpr13:)

And these would necessarily be better than the film images in what ways?

Well, maybe I'm wrong, but I would think with the advancement in technology with cameras and memory, HD video, etc, would give us a much clearer look at the Moon's surface and surroundings.
I would think since our last manned flight to the Moon there be a huge difference compared to the old footage that was taken back then.
IMO
Ghpr13:)

Interesting that they say that they will offer live launch coverage that only NASA can provide as HD Net has been doing shuttle launches (doubtless with NASA's help) for some time now.

NASA participates in the launch of more than shuttles.

NASA is a PI channel, is it not? I wonder if they can get rid of some of the others and devote the space to NASA HD and still meet the requirement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)