NASA TV is OFF AIR due to Government Shut Down...

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
2cpxs9x.jpg

It's like going to "noaa.gov" today. Same thing. Forecast is at forecast.weather.gov but the NOAA site has the "gone fishin" note up.

When a system is pretty much computerized ANYWAY (running files and serving pages or video) what's the point? Let it run!

My co-host on Wednesdays works with some Federal programs and was informed that in most cases, workers are instructed NOT TO ANSWER e-mails, either.

Engineers for Radio and TV must be hurting right now! Data that they extract from the FCC database is blocked. I went to look up a file today of personal interest and Nope!

magine your private sector business needing the information on a server that requires no human intervention (when properly operating and if you're seeking already archived/filed info) but you're denied access! Does it make ANY sense to have servers running but not allow access to the general public when the pissing match is between government officials? It'll grind lots of engineering projects for broadcasters to a slow, then a halt if it goes on too long.

It'll grind lots of engineering projects for broadcasters to a slow, then a halt if it goes on too long.
That's what they want... to upset as many people as possible... then election time they will blame each other for the mess. I say fire them all. And I don't care which political party they are with.

Thats enough of me on that... or I will have to ban myself for political talk. :D

Ah, but Scott...since the whole country is involved, I think a waiver of rules on this topic as long as it's "communications" related would be in order...lol

You are assuming that the servers are running. One of the agencies I deal with locally turned off the MAIN ELECTRICAL BREAKER to the building. They have no money to pay the electrical bills until Congress passes the CR. The internet servers in their building are off. There is a redirect page that was set up when they closed the door. I think it's finally propagated fully.

You are assuming that the servers are running. One of the agencies I deal with locally turned off the MAIN ELECTRICAL BREAKER to the building. They have no money to pay the electrical bills until Congress passes the CR. The internet servers in their building are off. There is a redirect page that was set up when they closed the door. I think it's finally propagated fully.

But electric companies don't send the bill for today's usage until a month later...

You telling me they're on a creditless prepaid electric plan?

I'm telling you that they shut down the building and literally pulled the plug on everything for the duration because they do not have the money to pay for anything at all! Believe me, don't believe me, I don't care. :)

I'm telling you that they shut down the building and literally pulled the plug on everything for the duration because they do not have the money to pay for anything at all! Believe me, don't believe me, I don't care. :)

Take a pic of the big power levers in the off position, :D

It is believable... Without spending authorization the people in charge could be in big trouble for spending money on anything. It is even possible for the money to never be authorized (i.e. their department is eliminated in a deal, or some such).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts