NASA TV Uplink Change

Remember that time when I asked if anyone even watches NASA?

In all seriousness, NASA actually provides great educational programming. I was not too keen on what was Media One at the time, now Comcast through couple of purchases, dropping it for what I was calling some stupid channel that was to focus on animals. A guy that wrestles crocodiles? Ah yeah, that channel was going to stick around.

If I had a penny for every time I was wrong.

My god, you sure are quick to jump down someone's throat with your disparaging remarks. I wouldn't normally dignify that with a response, but here goes.

It's all about recording historical events for posterity. In my case for my daughter when she is old enough to appreciate the events. I have recorded moments like the Transit of Venus in 2012, and New Horizons' flyby of Pluto. I even made a 6 hour VHS (now transferred to DVD) of the coverage by CNN in 1994 of the first rover to land on Mars. Sure there are snippets of video to be had online of these events, but nothing captures the wonder and anticipation like the live coverage of the event. Wouldn't it be something to be able to relive the full live coverage of the 1969 moon landing, instead of just Neil Armstrong's soundbite?

Oh wait, no one would be interested in that, since the moon landing coverage is not in HD. :rolleyes

Last edited:
It's a reason I have external hard drives. Not just NASA of course but I can go back and watch (as you say) more than snippets of other events.

My god, you sure are quick to jump down someone's throat over their posts. I wouldn't normally dignify that with a response, but here goes.

It's all about recording historical events for posterity. In my case for my daughter when she is old enough to appreciate the events. I have recorded moments like the Transit of Venus in 2012, and New Horizons' flyby of Pluto. I even made a 6 hour VHS (now transferred to DVD) of the coverage by CNN in 1994 of the first rover to land on Mars. Sure there are snippets of video to be had online of these events, but nothing captures the wonder and anticipation like the live coverage of the event. Wouldn't it be something to be able to relive the full live coverage of the 1969 moon landing, instead of just Neil Armstrong's soundbite?

Oh wait, no one would be interested in that, since the moon landing coverage is not in HD. :rolleyes
Are you going to transfer your Vip 722 recordings to DVD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)