NASCAR in a higher tier?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I quit watching NASCAR many years ago. To qualify, manufacturers had to make so many cars available to the public to be a "Stock Car". (500,maybe). My wife's uncle had one. A Ford with a 427. This created intense rivalry between manufacturers and fans of their cars. It was fun.

The only race I watch now is the Daytona 500, because it is a classic. And I only watch the final laps.

I quit watching NASCAR many years ago. To qualify, manufacturers had to make so many cars available to the public to be a "Stock Car". (500,maybe). My wife's uncle had one. A Ford with a 427. This created intense rivalry between manufacturers and fans of their cars. It was fun.

The only race I watch now is the Daytona 500, because it is a classic. And I only watch the final laps.
While I still watch some races, well watch, They are really good to nap to on a Sunday afternoon start watching one and fall asleep and an hour later you have not missed much. I miss the old days when NASCAR stood for National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing. I would love to see the Stock put back in NASCAR. That would bring back "What wins on Sunday sells on Monday"

Reactions: dishcomm
So you long for the good ole days when Dodge and Plymouth had the superbird cars with the big wing on the rear and outran everybody because they could put more down force on the body.

I actually think it is more fair now with severe limits to what can be done to the cars aerodynamically and engine wise, it makes the teams have to tune the chassis of the car and the handling so the better team wins, not the team with the most dedicated manufacturer behind them.

2015 NASCAR schedule shows 13 of NBC's 20 races will be on NBCSN. Any chance NBCSN will be moving down to the 120 level, or will some of us be finding other things to occupy our Sunday afternoons?

I think many here are missing the point and that is the lowest tiers are folks who are not interested in as much Sports as the persons in the upper tiers. As we all know, sports networks COSTS money. Perhaps they are overvalued, but they spend BILLIONS on contracts so the subscribers pay much more. I agree that NASCAR is not what it used to be and I personally would like for them to get rid of the road courses and maybe go the opposite direction as I get tired of hearing the old joke, they're turning left!

To sum it up, there is a "specialty" package that doesn't have the expensive sports networks. Two of them actually. For those that want to save money. Welcome pack and Smart Pack. If the channels aren't ebough for you in both of those, then you pay more and include the sports. No cherry picking. Everyone has options.

To sum it up, there is a "specialty" package that doesn't have the expensive sports networks. Two of them actually. For those that want to save money. Welcome pack and Smart Pack. If the channels aren't ebough for you in both of those, then you pay more and include the sports. No cherry picking. Everyone has options.
If they offered the HD versions of the channels then I would agree with you. It's like the Welcome and Smart pack threw the baby out with the bath water.

Reactions: fhsucade07
I think many here are missing the point and that is the lowest tiers are folks who are not interested in as much Sports as the persons in the upper tiers.

That is not at all the point I was making. Except for some non-points races and a few Monday rain date races on Speed/FS1, NASCAR races have historically been broadcast on channels in the lowest tiers (the Big 4 Networks plus ESPN, TNN, TBS, TNT, FX). This will be the first year I can recall when so many races (more than half) have been moved up to a higher tier, causing fans to pay more or go without.

That is not at all the point I was making. Except for some non-points races and a few Monday rain date races on Speed/FS1, NASCAR races have historically been broadcast on channels in the lowest tiers (the Big 4 Networks plus ESPN, TNN, TBS, TNT, FX). This will be the first year I can recall when so many races (more than half) have been moved up to a higher tier, causing fans to pay more or go without.

Isn't this what people have been begging for? Make all the sports in higher tiers so the sports fans have to pay more to get what they want?

So you long for the good ole days when Dodge and Plymouth had the superbird cars with the big wing on the rear and outran everybody because they could put more down force on the body.

I actually think it is more fair now with severe limits to what can be done to the cars aerodynamically and engine wise, it makes the teams have to tune the chassis of the car and the handling so the better team wins, not the team with the most dedicated manufacturer behind them.
The problem is the aero package. The cars are simply too aero dependent.
This factor brings in the issue of 'dirty' air vs 'clean' air....And that results in the leader being so difficult to pass.
NASCAR refuses to address this. Why? Only the geniuses in Daytona Beach know the answer. This is the reason races on 1.5 mile and 2 mile tracks produce events that are not very entertaining.

A bit off topic, but while I know it is likely due to the nature of carrier contracts, I am surprised that NBCSN is not found in any of the Dish Latino packages. Between MLS, F1 races, and the Tour de France, there are significant events popular within the Hispanic community that would make this channel a welcome addition.
I know the Formula 1 races are on one of the Latino channels. I caught a replay of one or two races en Español on Telemundo (I think that's a Comcast/NBC property). I'm not sure if they have live coverage as I'm usually watching the race on NBCSN and not playing around with the remote…

I just hope NBCSN doesn't degrade into the NASCAR Network like SpeedChannel (SpeedTV/Speed) became. I like that NBC has a wide variety of motor sports along with the other sports (although I could leave the fishing shows, but to each their own.)

I kind of wish NASCAR would leave Indy ( because the race is not entertaining) and move the race to Iowa Speedway. NASCAR works so much better on short tracks
NASCAR NEVER belonged at INDY. ruined both series. INDY was great until that DB Tony George F'ed eveything up, including letting the brickyard happen.

plus NASCAR isn't as big as it used to be with all that happened since 2001, death of Dale Earnhardt Sr., Change of sponsor from Winston cigarettes to Nextel (and the company it would merge with Sprint) for the Cup Series, the Chase format of the points standings where there's a playoff, people being tired of Jimmie Johnson winning in general (i know what makes NASCAR fan tick and i'm a Jimmie Johnson fan), the Economy and the lack of "Good Ole Boys" from the South racing in NASCAR these days. NASCAR has changed over the years and some fear it is for the worst.

Yep.

It all comes down to NY empty suits from the network whose only real goal is to just get promoted to the next thing with "ideas" for "change".

All have failed. Chase, COT, Chase for the Chase, Lucky Dog, on and on.

No one had the common sense to just say "no, we are not changing a damn thing".

Now the NY empty suits have moved on to destroying college football.

Yep.

It all comes down to NY empty suits from the network whose only real goal is to just get promoted to the next thing with "ideas" for "change".

All have failed. Chase, COT, Chase for the Chase, Lucky Dog, on and on.

No one had the common sense to just say "no, we are not changing a damn thing".

Now the NY empty suits have moved on to destroying college football.

Chase and Lucky Dog are fine, it's the damn playoff they came up with that pisses me off. Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon were robbed this season of having a chance at the title. If they want a win and you're in for at for the final 10 that's fine have the chase drivers who won in the first 9 be automatically qualified for the championship race and then maybe top non winner in points.

I'm a JJ fan but let's face it Jeff Gordon had his best season in a while and wasn't given a chance to win a title because of a last second attempted wreck by Newman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watched about 30 mins of daytona,that was it this season.They have made it so boring I simply can't watch.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

2015 NASCAR schedule shows 13 of NBC's 20 races will be on NBCSN. Any chance NBCSN will be moving down to the 120 level, or will some of us be finding other things to occupy our Sunday afternoons?
I know that I'm late for the party, but really??? We NHL fans have been dealing with this since it was OLN!!! You'll get by.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts