Nashville Fox HD (ch 6343) problem...

bub

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
For the last couple of weeks, Fox HD channel 6343 has been having a problem where any on screen movement, either camera or action, causes a 'tear' in the image.

This tear is horizontal all the way across and half way between the top and bottom of the screen where the top part of the image does not line up with the bottom part.

Anybody out there with this channel? I've called DN about it but they claim there is nothing wrong. Keep wanting me to reboot and restart etc... even though I have 200 other channels with absolutely no problem.

George

Also, could someone clarify something for me? DN broadcasts local networks in HD in limited markets. I'm looking at their spot beam graphic and I see some areas with local networks in HD but no spot beam. Does this mean that only the markets covered by a spot beam are getting their local networks in HD via spot beam? And, the other areas of the country outside of any spot beam who are getting their local networks in HD are getting their feed via satellite but not via spot beam?

Thanks...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/128963-dish-fox-17-nashville-horizontal-line.html

i've had the same problem for a couple of weeks too. i didn't bother trying to explain the problem to dish customer service. i figured that was a waste of time.

on the spot beam question. i know that you can find a map on dbstalk.com. only a few hd locals are broadcast nationwide- nashville;), chicago, atlanta, and a few others are broadcast nationwide on 129. you could probably do a search and find the rest. other hd locals are just on a spot beam to a limited area. hope this helps.

I used to have DN and had a lot of problems with WTVF (5) and WSMV (4). When I switched to an Over the Air antenna, I found the same problems with the originating signals. Never were the problems just with DN. I suspect based on that experience that the WZTV problem is most likely with their original over the air signal.

I've contacted the Fox affiliate in Nashville and they say their signal is not having any problem. They did seem peeved that DN is (or at least could be) passing the blame onto them.

They assured me that they would look into it and contact DN on their end.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

George

PS I agree it was a total waste of time bringing this to DN's attention.

Well, the HD Fox channel (6343) has been fixed. AI tonight was the first thing I've seen on this channel for over a week that was ok.

I did call the station directly and called DN again this morning asking them to escalate the complaint to engineering (which the CSR spoke with his supervisor and he agreed).

Looks like it paid off.

George

Of course, it could all be coincidence as well...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts