Nashville TN 61.5 locals

The TP is right but alot of the 61.5 spotbeam maps are wrong...Dish changed them after the fact

Dial up 61.5 TP13 (menu 6-1-1) and see what you get for signal

looking at your location you may have an issue. South Bend is also on TP13 so that spotbeam is what you would see in Evansville
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - DISH Network 61.5°W

I've "moved" to get Nashville locals. I'm wondering if switching to eastern arch and keeping Nashville locals would be an option.

129 has been an issue for me all day. I'm bouncing around 20 signal.

Last edited:
I am in North Alabama, and believe it or not, I get a stronger reading off the the TP that Nashville is on (I am on the EA) than the TP that the Birmingham locals are on. That is kind of odd since I am in the Birmingham market. I have "moved" to Nashville in the past, but did not like having to pay the state of Tennessee taxes, they have a satellite tax and thankfully Alabama does not.

I've "moved" to get Nashville locals. I'm wondering if switching to eastern arch and keeping Nashville locals would be an option.

129 has been an issue for me all day. I'm bouncing around 20 signal.

but since you post that 129 is having issues you are on western arc. Nashville HD locals are on both 129 & 61.5 but the footprints are different. The link I posted above shows TP13 (the same one that Nashville is on) also has South Bend, IN which has the footprint covering Evansville...so if you move to EA you will lose Nashville in HD

but since you post that 129 is having issues you are on western arc. Nashville HD locals are on both 129 & 61.5 but the footprints are different. The link I posted above shows TP13 (the same one that Nashville is on) also has South Bend, IN which has the footprint covering Evansville...so if you move to EA you will lose Nashville in HD

Ok that's what I wanted to confirm.

Thank you Iceberg

Side note- Now my 129 signal is back up to 50+ (normal for me). I wonder what happened..

I need to help someone out with these locals too. The person has an Eastern Arc setup but gets no signal at all on transponder 13 on 61.5. Are the Nashville locals still there or have they been moved around? This map would lead me to believe that they should probably be accessible as far east as Knoxville.

Echostar 16 61.5W SP09 Nashville - Satkml

looking at what spotbeams are where Nashville, Memphis, Birmingham and Huntsville are on one spotbeam
On another spotbeam (same TP) is Columbia SC, Charlotte NC, Greensboro NC, and Myrtle Beach SC. Its very possible KNoxville is between spotbeams or is picking up this one and not the Nashville one

looking at what spotbeams are where Nashville, Memphis, Birmingham and Huntsville are on one spotbeam
On another spotbeam (same TP) is Columbia SC, Charlotte NC, Greensboro NC, and Myrtle Beach SC. Its very possible KNoxville is between spotbeams or is picking up this one and not the Nashville one

That seems likely. Where is the information you are drawing from for the transponders?

Thanks. That is useful. I think I see where I got confused here. The map I linked to is for coverage from Echostar 16 which, by all the information I can find, has not been launched yet.

Sorry to bump such a old thread. I upgraded to the hopper/joey today. They installed the eastern arc. What are my "move" options?

You can either pick from the CONUS locals on 61.5 (from the link Iceberg provided) or check the odd numbered transponders on 61.5 and see if you get a signal and if the receiver says you are receiving a spotbeam from that signal. If you are receiving a spotbeam then try to match it to a set of locals from the same link. The locals should be on the transponder you are targeting, and lie within a reasonable distance of your location. It is best to double check. Unless someone has better information, this has been my method in the past. I would check all nearby markets on the list and see if a signal comes in on their listed transponders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)