Nasty bug going around

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrettTRay said:
I'm like you I think the hand sanitizer is just another way to sell something that doesn't work.

The main ingredient is alcohol which the concept is like when doctors use it to clean an area before a shot or cutting your skin open. Just juiced up on some smelly good stuff and there you have it.

The Tate said:
The main ingredient is alcohol which the concept is like when doctors use it to clean an area before a shot or cutting your skin open.
I prefer the oral as opposed to the topical application:D

I found out that after we visited with my in-Laws last week, they are both sick with the cold bug going around. Maybe I picked the right week to stay away from the office...

Generaly I only get truely sick once a year, the kind of sick that puts me in bed, the rest of the time if I do get sick its nothing more than a sniffle for a few days and thats it. I used to hardly ever get sick even with working a full time job and part time job, getting little sleep, and doing stuff with friends all the time. What kept my immune system up was eating well and staying active and not being stressed out. Today I work one job that I put alot of hours into, Im in and out of homes some of wich should only be entered wearing biohazard gear equiped for anthrax. I dont eat as well as I should, I've been under alot of stress for the last year from both my supervisors, the company, and from my home life so it was only a matter of time before there was a break down somewhere and it ended up being my getting sick like I have.

As it is I have had what I thought was 3 colds since nov 1 though Im more suspicious now of my tetinus booster and the hep A shot I got before heading south for hurricane releif work back in september. I dont subscribe to the " dont think about it and it wont happen to you" thinking on things as it will happen when you least want it to and Ive never looked good with that deer caught in the headlights look. I think that why Puro doesnt get sick is he probably only has himself to worry about and from what Ive learned about him he is a rather casual person. Riffs better halfs may also be missing the obvious as to why Riff gets sick, its because he has what every good husband and father has and thats the stress of worrying about the welfare of his family, I never knew that it could be as stressful as it is.

You have no idea the stress I go through. I just hide it well...

I had a whole thing this morning. I got a package from USPS, from "THe Mills Family" from Grand Prairie Texas, who I don't know. Big box and I didn't know who it was from. Imagine how my heart was racing as I reached into the tub, while hiding my precious head behind the wall, to open it...

Nothing but newspaper inside but something is wrapped in paper. I slowly unwrap it, looking into the tub with every flip of the mystery object. I'm really freaking out about this, i worry a bit...paranoia I believe they call it...can't blow up...So I flip it over for the last time, hear something fall into the tub, and look around the wall with dreadful anxiety...

...the lion king DVD i bought off ebay a few weeks ago...I felt like such a tool but my heart was about to jump out of my chest...I'll take some sniffles over this any day of the week pal...

Have you guys ever seen a DVD in a package like this? Reminds me of the 80's when CD's used to come in these types of paper packages...

61_1_b.JPG

I wish my camera was working so I could snap a pic of the paper and dvd and box in the tub, It's been 2 hours and I haven't gone back in there to take it out yet, i'm such a tool...

HAHAHAHAHAHA cool purogamer nearly had a heart atack from ebay!!!! now that makes me feel better, hahahahahahaha

Thats packaging from the 90's, kind of surprising to see it.

Sanitizers do kill 99% of illness causing foreign matter exactly as they are supposed to and claim to do, but they are NOT a 24/7 weapon. One has to still take all their actions into account when trying protect themselves; like cleaning and disinfecting your home, not coming in close contact with others. No one thing helps, everything has to be done consistently and together.

Last edited:
Purogamer said:
Have you guys ever seen a DVD in a package like this? Reminds me of the 80's when CD's used to come in these types of paper packages...
Sams seems to still use longboxes for their DVD's.....most places stopped using them for CD's due to the extra packaging generating more garbage.
The only longbox I still have is from a STYX CD that has the signatures of the band members :)

charper1 said:
Sanitizers do kill 99% of illness causing foreign matter exactly as they are supposed to and claim to do, but they are NOT a 24/7 weapon. One has to still take all their actions into account when trying protect themselves; like cleaning and disinfecting your home, not coming in close contact with others. No one thing helps, everything has to be done consistently and together.

Theres a still growing idea that the over use of these sanitizers and all the bacteria killing agents we use in our homes is actually lending cause to people becoming more severly ill. The idea is that as we walk through our daily lives before the advent of these products we came into contact with all of this stuff and so our bodies would be working every moment to "learn" these bugs or what you could call " know the enemy". Now that we have these products our bodies have gotten soft so to speak, much like a 16 year old working at burger king and we are more apt to get seriously sick on nothing more than a cold virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)