Status
Please reply by conversation.

jamieh1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Greenville Washington New Bern, NC
Take this as a rumor...

speaking with a retention rep with Directv Sunday and we were talking about the new lease program and HD channels and she said she had gotten a memo on NGC HD and she said it was coming in APRIL, she couldnt put her hand on it at the moment for the exact date, she tought it was in mid April.

I also asked about getting a HD DVR before the 1st and I told her I already got the DVR rebate and the HD DVR rebate and I was no longer able to get any more rebates, she said well I can give you a $100 credit on you bill if you want. I passed.

Its funny, sometimes you call and get the nicest person who talks like they no what they are doing and then you call and get a complete dumb ass.

Not to rain on the parade but don't the retention reps have a nasty habbit of telling you anything to kep you from disconnecting?

I got the same thing from a csr the other day. She stated late March- early April for NGC HD. She was in the retention dept. I generally don't believe a word they say, though it might be a positive sign that there are a few people hearing the same story.

i didn't talk to a retention csr. i had to call the ISS to add the r-15 to my account,and there was some lag time. we just started shooting the breeze, and it was mentioned. no coercion or sinister games here.

Last edited:
wolfman said:
It would be nice if D* could put more of this info on their web site.

Ha ha ha ha!!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist!:eek:

Just bumping this thread. We are quickly approaching late March and I was just wondering if there has been any word on this addition.

CWS_kahuna said:
Just bumping this thread. We are quickly approaching late March and I was just wondering if there has been any word on this addition.

My friend's, cousin's, sister-in-law's, uncle Bubba called and spoke with a very intelligent CSR that said he absolutely knows for a fact that he does not know anything about it.:)
sorry, couldn't resist

Last edited:
newsposter said:
tnt wasn't even in the HD pack for a while after it started....and you want news in advance? :)

It still isn't on their Printable Channel Lineup. It still shows ESPN2 as a new channel. been waiting for them to update it, so I can print out a new one.

There was a "new" channel line up in the bill today. and TNT is not on it!! Just noticed. 2 XM channels are the only ones listed as "new".

I spoke with a CSR today while calling for something else who said that they are still negotiating with the network and no date is planned as of yet... once again as everyone states it is a CSR so take it for what its worth

Eric Goempel said:
There was a "new" channel line up in the bill today. and TNT is not on it!! Just noticed. 2 XM channels are the only ones listed as "new".

Which XM stations are listed as "new"?

please call for ngc hd

NGCHD
National Geographic Channel High Definition (NGCHD) is not currently offered by DIRECTV. Please call 877-77NGCHD (877-776-4243) to request that NGCHD be added to your channel line-up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)