National Geographic hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
I updated to gold so I could check out National G and the 2 times i wanted to watch a program it was in sd. changed back to bronze the next day.
At an extra 20 bucks a month Nat G is not worth it for me.

I don't know why they keep nat geo on the higher tiers if this is the case. They should toss it in to silver if nothing else...

And it looks like they are going to only give you hd's you already pay for in sd, so it's more like at250 + HD

it might be called dishhd but NG HD is still not available for all HD subscripters. :(
But you guys aren't the "all HD subscribers", you are the "some HD subscribers". Its funny how you Silver and under folks don't comprehend that when it comes to NatGeo-HD.

But you guys aren't the "all HD subscribers", you are the "some HD subscribers". Its funny how you Silver and under folks don't comprehend that when it comes to NatGeo-HD.

For $20.00 extra per month for HD there is really no reason why National Geographic shouldn't be included. First of all it is not a premium. It is not a matter of comprehending ... it is just silly that it is the only HD non-preimum not included. For me getting the DVR advantage means NG would cost another 20.00 because the 250 pack has to have a premium. Unbelievable!

I'm a silver subscriber and I totally understand. That would be like a bronze subscriber complaining about not getting HD RSNs (if they ever go live). You're not paying for RSNs so why should you get the HD version. I'm not paying for national geographic so why should I get the HD version. When we got the free preview of it there was really nothing on there that interested me anyway. I'm not worried about it.

according to dish, it's a premium

You and I know it really isn't a premium ... the movie channels are premiums. Click programming on the website and click premiums and it list s the three movie channels. It would make sense to lower it, for now, into a lower tier group. It would cost me an additional 20.00 just for NG. Not going to happen.

Last edited:
I just upgraded to DVR Advantage 250 plus Dish HD and did not have to subscribe to a premium.

Really? ... I read earlier hear that that was a requirement. That is good news! I did notice ob the web site with the DVR advantage I can get HBO for 10.00 ... which I jumped on! Thanks for the info!

That is because you have the sd equivalent of the National Geographic channel is in the top 250 . IF you sub the sd equivalent you get the hd equivalent. THe regular hd pack - the NG channel is what you get in the lowes top 100 pack anyway. Hd net , Hdnet movies, Universal ,NFl channel + the voom channels are in the basic hd pack anyway.

IN the next year or so they will do this for all hd channels . If you get the sd channel you get the hd equivalent channel. They will charge a flat tech fee instead like Directv is now doing. The hd pack will cease to exist. The question then will be, what basic pack will contain the above channels : The Voom channels, Hdnet, Hdnet movies, Universal, etc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts