Status
Please reply by conversation.

ScoBuck

'Just Chillin'
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 11, 2006
Long Island, NY
As some may have noticed, I have an inside contact that has been giving me advance on the HD locals launch dates - I have posted them here, and they have been pretty much dead on as to market and date.

I say that as a disclaimer, because I just spoke to him and he gave me some general info as to what he has been told by corporate regarding the second week of September. He has told me that he will release more to me and much more detail as the dates near. That being said, and of course subject to the naysayers here is what he told me.

The inside expectation now is to have 70 additional HD channels on the system starting mid-September and concluding by the end of September - and more through the end of the year and into the future. He did say that there is an internal listing of what is already signed on, and those still requiring a signature on the dotted line.

On the other hand, it looks like they will not be setting any further dates for additional HD local markets until AFTER launch of DIRECTV 10.

I will post as I gather info.

Thanks for the heads up. Glad I upgraded to the HR20 and H20. Just sit back and watch. Oh wait, someone (E* sub) will come and claim the 100 channels or HD-Lite argument shortly.

Thanks for the heads up. Glad I upgraded to the HR20 and H20. Just sit back and watch. Oh wait, someone (E* sub) will come and claim the 100 channels or HD-Lite argument shortly.

Thanks Sco for the good information. I wish others would be more positive in their comments instead of stirring the pot with implied negativism and antagonism. If people want to argue about the same garbage over and over they should take it elsewhere and not bore the majority here with their implied negative rhetoric.

To tell the truth - I was taken back a bit when he told me this stuff - seems like it can't be so close after all of this time. But if true - amazing really.

But as I also said - he has been close to 100% in the stuff he has given me before.

I have no way to judge except by his record so far.

Hey Sco, you outta ask him what they plan to do with Sunday Ticket HD this year with the extra CBS HD games. That would be a big scoop. ;)

Hey Sco, you outta ask him what they plan to do with Sunday Ticket HD this year with the extra CBS HD games. That would be a big scoop. ;)

I agree. I think there is enough information for me to know generally what is coming and when but I am really curious to see if they take advantage of MPEG4 with Sunday Ticket or if its the same overcompressed cramped spotbeam MPEG2 the past couple of years.

I agree. I think there is enough information for me to know generally what is coming and when but I am really curious to see if they take advantage of MPEG4 with Sunday Ticket or if its the same overcompressed cramped spotbeam MPEG2 the past couple of years.

When did the ST games go on spotbeams? Always thought they were on CONUS beams.

I believe they are CONUS still and will remain that way.
The real question is, will they be available this year in MPEG4 or not.
I would guess Not as there are still a lot of ST users that do not have mpeg4 rec's.

Jimbo

any word on the Toledo locals that were supposed to be launched in December of last year??

Thanks!

sorry. I wasn't sure if Toledo fell into that catagory since it had already been announced last December.

Not an E* sub or D* sub, but like I say, I'll believe it when I see it. I would say the same thing if it was only 10 HD's getting added by Sept, no matter if it was E* or D*.

I only dislike D* for starting the HD-Lite and SD-Lite race.

Not an E* sub or D* sub, but like I say, I'll believe it when I see it. I would say the same thing if it was only 10 HD's getting added by Sept, no matter if it was E* or D*.

I only dislike D* for starting the HD-Lite and SD-Lite race.

Well it goes without saying that its not there till its there. But I am glad that they publicized their plans.

Well their HD-LiL have gone pretty much as planned. I guess if your a wait and see type guy that's you purgative.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)