Nationwide AT9 Feb 1st

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

urnote96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 24, 2004
Today at our tech meeting we were told that all HSP's will start installing the AT9's after February 1st

We also saw the new at9 its made a little different.....instead of those crappy jumpers for the 110/119 they are now normal coax cables.

Also directv is going away from the powered 4*8's and now going to just use 6*8's for everything

Should we wait to get the dish installed a couple weeks? I mean, they are coming here on 1/23, but if the new dish is better...

Any word about the retail level? ie will Phase III's still be available in BB or CC or is D* wanting to do away with customer installed dishes?

New AT-9

Coax connectors on the main LNB housing/multiswitch will make separate dish installations for 110 and/or 119 much more simple. ie: Plug and Play
JMJ

I’m a little confused on what doctor J said. I assume you are referring to the newer AT9s with F conns on the 110/119 LNB, but what do you mean by separate dish installations?
Bob

doctor J said:
Coax connectors on the main LNB housing/multiswitch will make separate dish installations for 110 and/or 119 much more simple. ie: Plug and Play
JMJ

Due to line of sight issues, some folks cant use one dish to pull in 99,101,103,110 and 119. With coax connectors on the main 99,101,103 LNB you can now install dedicated dishes for 110 and 119 and just run the coax from them into the main AT9 LNB. You could not do that with the previous jumpers without some form of addaptor.

You can’t do that, the 110 and 119 LNBs are specific to the AT9 and external conventional 110/119 LNBs will not power from the connectors on the AT9. Don’t try to power one of the AT9 110/119 LNBs directly from a receiver either, they run on a lower voltage.
Bob
f300v10 said:
Due to line of sight issues, some folks cant use one dish to pull in 99,101,103,110 and 119. With coax connectors on the main 99,101,103 LNB you can now install dedicated dishes for 110 and 119 and just run the coax from them into the main AT9 LNB. You could not do that with the previous jumpers without some form of addaptor.

little dish guy said:
You can’t do that, the 110 and 119 LNBs are specific to the AT9 and external conventional 110/119 LNBs will not power from the connectors on the AT9. Don’t try to power one of the AT9 110/119 LNBs directly from a receiver either, they run on a lower voltage.
Bob

I have all the equipment to try this and have wanted to for 2 months, but simply havent had the time with other things going on.

instead of running 4 lines from the AT9 to the 6*8, can you not run 2 lines from the main AT9 99/101/102 Dish to a 6*8 switch and then run 2 lines from the 110/119 Combo with a typical SAT C combiner in place to the other 2 inputs on the 6*8 that the main dish would normally feed as well?

I have no reason to think this wouldn't work, but have not tried it - so no first hand knowledge of it. It would seem this you give you the even/odd off the main dish and the even/odd off SATB/SATC?

If you look at the 6x8 multiswitch the 99 is combined with the 101 and the 103 is combined with the 110/119. Therefore you would not be able to just run 2 lines to the main lnb and 2 lines to another for 110/119. you will loose the 103 sat then. And once D10 and D11 are launched I would assume we will need both sat slots for the national HD channels coming from them.

little dish guy said:
Bob

They better figure a way to do this or they are going to loose me and others. There is nowhere on my property that I can see all satellites from a single location.

davidrumm said:
If you look at the 6x8 multiswitch the 99 is combined with the 101 and the 103 is combined with the 110/119. Therefore you would not be able to just run 2 lines to the main lnb and 2 lines to another for 110/119. you will loose the 103 sat then. And once D10 and D11 are launched I would assume we will need both sat slots for the national HD channels coming from them.

I have a sticker on the multiswitch that is covering up whatever was originally engraved into the multiswitch for those ports. The label looks like it was done with a labelmaker and put over what was there by a sweat shop staffed by 3 year olds being paid 5 cents a day somewhere in Asia.

That said, I wonder what the reality is of the configuration really is unless they put one original Ku and 1 Ka even/odd on each feed (SATA/99) (SATB/C combo/103) which now that I type it on my desktop and look at it, might just be what is going on instead of the 99/101/103 feeding one and the SATB/C on the other.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)