Native Resolution

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tildenw

Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Just switched from DTV and need to find out how to change the Picture format.

I have a 16x9 hdtv and when viewing a program in HD everything is fine. But a SD feed of a channel puts the picture in 4x3. How can I stretch the picture on the sd feed, with out messing with the HD feed.

On the Dtv receiver it was set up for native resolution, the 722 is set up for 1080. I tried just to adjust the picture with the tv but the 722 is making even the sd feed 1080.

thanks

First, I don't believe the 622/722 does native resolution passthrough. This means that whatever resolution you set the box to use, it will use for all channels as far as your TV is concerned.

To stretch the SD channels, you only need to use the "Format" button at the bottom left of the number keypad. This setting is remembered for SD and HD channels separately, meaning that your SD channels will all use whatever degree of stretch you select but your HD channels will not. If you strech an HD channel, that setting would also be remembered for all HD channels.

I hope that helps. Welcome to Dish Network!

you're not missing anything special with the native resolution feature. i have my vip622 and my hr21 set at 1080i. i also have both set to not stretch sd since to me it looks better without all the stretching.

Unfortunately the format (*) button on the 622/722 affects both the SD and the HD picture at the same time.

So, if you set the SD picture to fill your 3:4 SD TV it messes up the HD picture making it no longer fit the 16:9 HD screen.

The ViP211 on the other

no it doesn't. when done in a sd channel it saves the settings for sd. your hd settings remain the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts