NBA Draft: Who should go #1? Oden or Durant?

Who should go #1 in the NBA Draft

• Greg Oden

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Kevin Durant

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say Durant has a MUCH better upside than Oden. These days, I think people ASSUME that height=all star.....sorry, no go!

Well I have seen Kevin Durant's in my life that really didn't have a great NBA career.

I remember watching several years ago another great 6'10 freshman just light up college basketball with his inside game and his excellent outside shooting. He looked like one of the best offensive players I seen entering college basketball and instantly went to the NBA. His similarities were so close to Durant's its quite amazing. So what did this player do in the NBA? Not much, one all star appearance and that was it. So what great, can't miss, super duper offensive player am I talking about? Take a guess!

I say Durant has a MUCH better upside than Oden. These days, I think people ASSUME that height=all star.....sorry, no go!
You must take into consideration who has the #1 pick and what they need. In this case, they will likely pick the wrong candidate to fill their void.

Consider the rest of the team...

Well what player was I talking about up there? I think its a good guess. Now I am not saying Durant will be a bust or great, he probably will be a terrific player who is best suited in this uptempo style of basketball, but there was a player who had a similar freshman year 11 years ago and didn't have the greatest NBA career. Can you name who it I am talking about?

I voted Durant. I think he is a better all around player.

I got to vote for Oden. One thing i noticed about Durant is they played a super active up tempo, small ball team where he played center. I seen this 11 years ago from another freshman who put up great stats and didn't have quite the great NBA career. I was hoping someone would guess who i was talking about, but the answer is Shareef Abdur-Rahim. I think Durant will be better than Abdur-Rahim, but I seen this kid plays zero defense and I think his strength is playing in uptempo offenses. I don't think he will be as good if he is playing in a conventional offense.

I think Durant will be better than Abdur-Rahim, but I seen this kid plays zero defense and I think his strength is playing in uptempo offenses. I don't think he will be as good if he is playing in a conventional offense.
Again, I point to the team that squashed Abdur-Rahim and will likely squash their draft pick. The only player to survive that team is arguably Cliff "Uncle Cliffy" Robinson.

History is History

Portland may have made a poor decision but that was then.
They pulled off a huge deal last year and will again do it this year, just wait. They would of won when "Uncle Cliffy" was a rookie but he missed that dunk didn't he?
Been listening to ESPN all day and really tired of LA trying to pull a Steinbrenner, glad
Boston saw the light, but it's sad no one want's to play there. Now Pierce want's out
if they don't cut a deal with a veteran.
Thursday night may be very interesting, wait and see.

The NBA needs to change it's image. Hard to watch lazy, arrogant and overpaid jocks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts