NBC 103

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When comparing the SQ on these services, consider that the pier cams link budget is for 1m-1.2m small aperture dish downlinks at stores and malls. The other KU NBC feeds and services are intended for downlinks at local terrestrial broadcast stations with 5m - 10m dishes.

Not surprised at the signal reports as the transponders are load balanced on SES3. Honestly, I am surprised that there was even an increase within the main footprint. Usually the EIRP for the link budget is matched when transitioning. Maybe it is a little higher as some downlinks may still require the skew adjustment?

Not sure if that was a jab or an attempt at being funny but English isn't my first language...
I think he was just making the point at how screwed up the English language is.

Reactions: Bongu
I have heard French is just as bad or worse. :)

I agree but without a smiley its somewhat hard to tell sometimes.
I know what you mean. That is the problem with typed text and no voice to listen to and hear the intonation of it.
That is why I try to use smileys more often myself these days. I use to think they were silly, just like the over used LOL, but if you don't people don't know how to take what you type sometimes.

Side Note: I get tickled thinking about if people really did Laugh out Loud as much as they say they do. Could you imagine in public all these people starring at their phones and literally laughing out loud.
It would be a site to see and I think it would be time to call the crazy wagon to haul them off. :D:D

[QUOTE="KE4EST, post: 3686173, member: 10050".
It would be a site to see and I think it would be time to call the crazy wagon to haul them off. :D:D[/QUOTE]
Did you mean sight instead of site? LOL

yep...did you Laugh out loud. :D

I finally got COZI to appear. The Q is bouncing around 45 - 61. That seems to be enough for my GeoSatPro to maintain the picture. If this rain ever stops, I'll go out and try to fine tune a little. I do have the skew on zero on my motor. Well, just an update. Hope it gets better.

I know what you mean. That is the problem with typed text and no voice to listen to and hear the intonation of it.
That is why I try to use smileys more often myself these days. I use to think they were silly, just like the over used LOL, but if you don't people don't know how to take what you type sometimes.

Side Note: I get tickled thinking about if people really did Laugh out Loud as much as they say they do. Could you imagine in public all these people starring at their phones and literally laughing out loud.
It would be a site to see and I think it would be time to call the crazy wagon to haul them off. :D:D

How about ROTFLMFAO! That one ought to get a chuckle or two! :oldwink

Wow' I have never seen so many different feeds on 103*w bird!:hungry At the last count was 53 video feeds that might chance more or less.

Most feeds are news stuff. By the way Cozi's signal strenth went up to 77 and 78% here in New Mexico! Not bad at all:)

There are dozens of news feeds on SES-3 KU that come and go. Every time I move my Birdview over to 103 I do a fresh blindscan and usually find something interesting to watch. There's a lot more there besides NBC and COZI if you have a large KU dish.

Not sure if that was a jab or an attempt at being funny but English isn't my first language...
Not a jab in any way. I give high marks to anyone that can speak more than one Language.:hatsoff
Just a statement on how difficult some have stated English is to learn.

53 feeds? Wow, it must be a lot stronger in N.M. now and weaker up here in New England. The day they switched over I lost a bunch on 103W. Thought it must be my setup, but everything seems to be in order and other sats are fine.

Right now I only have the 9' setup for C band because I'm moving all my dishes, hoping that when the 12' is moved and running it's a different story. Ku doesn't really seem any better here either. :(

News feeds on SES-3 seem to be about as strong as on AMC-1, or not really very strong at all for the most part. There are 6 NBC News Channel feeds (1 standard definition DVB-S, 5 high definition DVB-S2) that are up 24/7 and seem to be kept at about a normal power level for news feeds on the satellite. You can use them to judge how good your reception of SES-3 is. You can also see how many others you might be missing out on, due to inadequate signal, by using the real-time online spectrum plot. Once you've figured out how to read that, news feeds are easy to spot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)