NBC Chicago Sports RSN

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
On Oct 1 CSN Chicago will turn into NBC Chicago Sports. Currently on their website it doesn't say that Dish will be carrying this. Does anyone know if Dish will carry this on launch?

DISH carries the other NBC Sports channels, like NBS BA (Bay) and CA (California) so I would think they will also carry Chicago. I looked in my DishAnywhere guide and it already shows the NBS Chicago logo. Looking at my Hopper guide it shows the same...

Reactions: charlesrshell
I mentioned this in another thread - NBC Sports Chicago Upcoming Renewal

The Bulls/White Sox/Blackhawks are creating a "new" network since the initial 15 year agreement between the Cubs/Sox/Bulls/Hawks ended and Dish has not signed on to carry the 'new' NBC Sports Chicago.

DISH carries the other NBC Sports channels, like NBS BA (Bay) and CA (California) so I would think they will also carry Chicago. I looked in my DishAnywhere guide and it already shows the NBS Chicago logo. Looking at my Hopper guide it shows the same...
Nope. They haven't carried NBC Sports Boston since back when it was CSN New England. Its the only one they don't carry, as NESN has the Bruins and Red Sox, but NBC Sports Boston only has the Celtics. I'm surprised that Chicago wasn't flipped to NBC Sports when Boston, Washington, and Philly flipped. I expected it to come back in the last carriage renewals, but it seems Comcast is content with Dish carrying all the others except Boston.

Reactions: pattykay
On Oct 1 CSN Chicago will turn into NBC Chicago Sports. Currently on their website it doesn't say that Dish will be carrying this. Does anyone know if Dish will carry this on launch?

magic8ball2.0.png

Nope. They haven't carried NBC Sports Boston since back when it was CSN New England. Its the only one they don't carry, as NESN has the Bruins and Red Sox, but NBC Sports Boston only has the Celtics. I'm surprised that Chicago wasn't flipped to NBC Sports when Boston, Washington, and Philly flipped. I expected it to come back in the last carriage renewals, but it seems Comcast is content with Dish carrying all the others except Boston.
I thought Chicago was flipped at the same time. I seem to remember it being called NBC Sports Chicago for awhile, as it has been a long time since I have heard about Comcast Sports Chicago. Also, Dish still does not carry NBC Sports Philadelphia as far as I know.

Reactions: The Fat Man
Chicago was rebranded to NBC Sports Chicago at the same time as most of the others. However, I think the LLC is still Comcast Sportsnet Chicago as that is the LLC that was formed between Comcast, the Cubs, Bulls, Sox, Blackhawks. My understanding is that starting Oct 1, the new NBC Sports Chicago is going to be a new LLC that is just between Comcast, the Bulls, Sox, Blackhawks and it will be called NBC Sports Chicago. So at the end of the NBC Sports Chicago produced shows, it will no longer say "Comcast Sportsnet Chicago LLC" in the credits area. (Full disclosure: I don't know all the business terminology or even if this the right description, but this is how it was explained to me)

DISH carries SOME of the other NBC Sports Channels.

DISH does NOT carry NBC Sports Northwest, for example.

With all the changes going on who knows what is being carried anymore.

We are disappointed to see NBC Sports Chicago put our customers in the middle of its negotiations by choosing to remove their channel from DISH's lineup. NBC Sports Chicago has chosen to block access to its channel from its own viewers, and is making unreasonable demands. These demands come after NBC Sports Chicago announced it would lose the Cubs in October, as the team moves towards plans to start its own cable television channel with Sinclair Broadcast Group in 2020. We are fighting on your behalf to provide the best content at a fair value. For the most up-to-date information regarding our negotiations visit DISHpromise.com. -Kim H.

We are disappointed to see NBC Sports Chicago put our customers in the middle of its negotiations by choosing to remove their channel from DISH's lineup. NBC Sports Chicago has chosen to block access to its channel from its own viewers, and is making unreasonable demands. These demands come after NBC Sports Chicago announced it would lose the Cubs in October, as the team moves towards plans to start its own cable television channel with Sinclair Broadcast Group in 2020. We are fighting on your behalf to provide the best content at a fair value. For the most up-to-date information regarding our negotiations visit DISHpromise.com. -Kim H.
Yet another Regional Sports Network that Dish will not be carrying, if the current trend continues.

-Signed,
The Ghost of Sports Nets Future

Well I assume Dish will lose a ton of customers once Hockey and Basketballs starts... and they will lose me once baseball starts next March.

Reactions: AZ. and pattykay
Meanwhile the Blackhawks start Friday, and nothing in regards to renewing the contract. Sports Chicago, Big Ten, FS1 and FS2?
Is Dish going to renew things, or are they gone for good? Seems Charlie stated if the channels are gone for a month, people that haven't left by then will stick around...

Come on Dish.

Meanwhile the Blackhawks start Friday, and nothing in regards to renewing the contract. Sports Chicago, Big Ten, FS1 and FS2?
Is Dish going to renew things, or are they gone for good? Seems Charlie stated if the channels are gone for a month, people that haven't left by then will stick around...

Come on Dish.
I think that subscribers in Northern California (NBSCA and NBSBA), Rocky Mountains (ATTRM), Washington DC (NBSWA), Pacific Northwest (RTNW), Pittsburgh (ATTPT), Mid-Atlantic (MASN and MASN2), and New England (NESN) regions had better enjoy their RSN's on Dish while they last. The trend lately seems to be to remove RSN's, not bring them back or add any. :( (ACCN was an exception to the rule, and Dish quickly offset that by losing Big Ten. So much for those ads where Dish claimed to have "every major D1 college football game.")

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I think that subscribers in Northern California (NBSCA and NBSBA), Rocky Mountains (ATTRM), Washington DC (NBSWA), Pacific Northwest (RTNW), Pittsburgh (ATTPT), Mid-Atlantic (MASN and MASN2), and New England (NESN) regions had better enjoy their RSN's on Dish while they last. The trend lately seems to be to remove RSN's, not bring them back or add any. :( (ACCN was an exception to the rule, and Dish quickly offset that by losing Big Ten. So much for those ads where Dish claimed to have "every major D1 college football game.")

Actually, I'm looking at the 412 channels in the guide right now, and it's showing NBCSA, and some of the others filled with infomercials like "back pain relief now!" etc..
Maybe that's because I'm in the midwest, but... I dunno.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts