NBC-HD: Medical Investigation : In Bloom 10pm EST

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
sf_1.jpg

Summary: Neal McDonough (NBC's "Boomtown") and Kelli Williams ("The Practice") return to series television as members of a mobile medical team from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) who are summoned in a heartbeat to scope out -- and hopefully snuff out -- outbreaks of unexplained and fearful diseases. When people are suffering from a mysterious and deadly illness, which turns them blue, the team must work to put the pieces together to find the source of this potentially deadly epidemic. The series also stars Troy Winbush ("John Q."), Christopher Gorham ("Jake 2.0") and Anna Belknap ("The Handler") as part of the elite team. TV14

Looks like a program that I would really like to see ..... but putting it up against the opening game of the football season is certainly not a good idea.

I agree...stupid move NBC....next thing you'll know they will run a 24 delayed loop for the HD feed of the Olympics :shocked

with someone like Sony running the same commercial over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

I think this show is going to be good, I bet that NBC is dying for people to get into their new shows, I'm sure there will be an encore presentation of it at a different time. Also how highly rated do you think the first NFL game will be, I probably won't watch just because my team isn't playing. I love football, but I only really get into it watch a few teams.

Looks good so far - sounds good, too ... but what does NBC have against 5.1? :confused: It could sound so much better! Anyway, back to the football game...

Looks good, the blue thing is wierd, once again my local NBC had me screwed for a while with part of the show in SD... after Joey I fired off a semi-annoyed e-mail to them. After 4-5 minutes of SD the show was back in HD. I think it's 5.1, BTW I think CBS doesn't always broadcast in 5.1 either.

REVIEW:

CSI Killer? No, I think not. Not off the pilot anyway, I felt the show passed very quickly and moments that should have grabbed you continued on without a whisper. Like walking through a hot arid desert, and every time you reach for your water bottle for a drink you get a mouthful of humidity instead of cold water.

The show is centered around a doctor, who models David Caruso and the other guy, brilliant guys who have no life, except in this case our NIH doctor has no life and millions of other people's lives are potentially clinging on this guys decision regarding a mysterious diagnosis.

I don't know if I read this right, but apparently this doctor has psychic powers that would give Animal Planet's Pet Psychic a run for her money. In this first pilot, people are turning CGI blue and falling on the ground. Apparently this starts a timer that means in 12 hours they will be dead of something. Turns out it's a chemical poisoning of some kind.

While all this is going on, the youngest doctor of the NIH team is sent to Richmond VA, to diagnose a baby that looks to have been abused, however this particular family physician doesn't think it's simply "abuse" could be something else. I thought it was something else when the baby had CGI blue eyeballs, no one else thought so except the young Doogie Howser.

At the end of the show they reveal exactly what was causing the bruises and the CGI blue in both cases (different causes) however the lines and the reason was delivered so quickly and blandly the show came off like NBC was trying to force a spoonful of Robitussin into my mouth instead of hooking me on to something that I want to watch next week. I rate this pilot a 5 out of 10, I like the main guy (didn't catch his name) his team sucks so far, but it maybe to early to tell. Tomorrow apparantely they are going to fire off a 2nd episode.

NBC is desperate to knock off CSI, unless they capture a sense of the dramatic in this show, no way sir. For a pilot, I would expect something like a plot twist, or an underlying conspiracy, something that's drawing mass panic and hysteria, something exciting. Instead about the only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was the reporter who was purposely mislead into a corridor, then the floor lights are turned off to prevent him from "breaking" the story on CGI blue.

I felt mislead too...If this show fails to capture my interest, my eyes will turn to ABC's Lost as the next good network show.

A bit overly dramatic attempting to capture your attention about epidemics every week. A black helicopter at his disposal for ball games & commuting? Are you kidding?

2nd episode looked a bit better than the first when i was watching it... good things to cue into:

When the supporting cast gets a constipated look in their face, McDonough is about to have the answer.

When the sad music is playing, someone is about to die.

Someone is about to die and does in every episode.

After someone's death urgency doesn't come into play because as well know the problem will be solved before the show's over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts