Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got home from work and turned on NBC's Olympic HD coverage, was watching Gymnastics when all of a sudded the games went to a copyright 2004 Olympic Organizing Committee then went to black.

It had been black (although the NBC logo has been up in the corner) for over 5 minutes now...

Ok now we got a picture of the logo on the screen...

Ok we are back to the show.

Is NBC putting any effort in to the HD Olympics at all?

How can a major TV network air NOTHING for 5 minutes!

Maybe they were sabotaged by their affiliates that are bitching about having this "forced" upon them or the ones not allowing some of us (ME) to get the feed at all.

The commercial breaks (on regular NBC feed) during the opening cermonies were a nice touch. Did you get those too, on NBC HD ?

Skipping a few dozen countries during those commercial breaks is I guess NBC's decision, but it was not mine.

Good thing I had my phone nearby so I could immediately call an online shop to order that amazing new broom for my kitchen floor.

They didn't skip countries on the Opening Ceremonies, instead te repplayed the segement which showed before they went to commercial, so we had to sit through 20 minutes of people we already saw.

And repeating things after it aired has not been an uncommon thing on the HD version.

I must admit thought that NBC HD seems to be listening and seems to be working to imrpve their HD broadcast.

Scott Greczkowski said:
They didn't skip countries on the Opening Ceremonies, instead te repplayed the segement which showed before they went to commercial, so we had to sit through 20 minutes of people we already saw.

And repeating things after it aired has not been an uncommon thing on the HD version.

I must admit thought that NBC HD seems to be listening and seems to be working to imrpve their HD broadcast.

If they are improving it, perhaps I'll look in on it again. It was pretty sad how screwed up it was during their seriously delayed broadcast of the opening ceremonies. I'd already seen the highlights of it elsewhere, including the Athens site itself.

My wife swears what she was watching of the gymnastics today was on 2 days ago. She also said the announcers must not realize that they are always on the microphone because she said one of them said something was bullsh*t about a score.

juan said:
I guess you guys havent seen womens beach volleyball in hidef!! definantly worthwhile to check out

I would if it existed, but it's only covered in SD, so the next thing is gymnastcis with girls that look like they're 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)