NBC Universal Sports?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm almost afraid to get HD based on the remarks made in these forums about how upset people are when they have to settle for watching something in SD.

As for Universal Sports, as an Olympic sports junkie, it is a channel that I certainly would love to have. My question is if ESPN/ABC (or anybody else ) were to outbid NBC for the rights to the 2014/16 Olympic Games, then would NBC have any motivation to keep the channel on the air, seeing that it is a way to keep the athletes in the spotlight in the time between Olympics? If they don't have the Olympics then why bother promoting athletes who will appear on a competing network. Just a thought.

would NBC have any motivation to keep the channel on the air, seeing that it is a way to keep the athletes in the spotlight in the time between Olympics?
Olympics is a fraction of what Universal Sports offers. I'm missing your point.

The cycling coverage this year was amazing. OTA here in Albany NY.

The local NBC station here in Rochester has no plans on adding Universl Sports. I asked via email and got that response.

The point is that this channel was launched to feature year-round coverage of Olympic sports and athletes (at least that is what the tab on my web browser says when I visit the website), if NBC loses the Olympic rights it has little incentive to show this type of programming anymore.

I watch it on 4-3 OTA in the Wash-Balt area. I just wish they'd:

A) Show some curling, and

B) Show up in my OTA TV Guide

Bummer yours doesn't show up in your OTA Guide. It definitely shows up with correct information in my OTA guide here in Los Angeles.

Also, they did show curling this past winter. Not a lot, but it was there. Including the US Championships and the Canadian too if I remember correctly.

Just came back from Cape Cod where they do carry NBC US. They carry many of the sports I'm interested in. Like skiing, bobsledding, cycling, skating, etc. Is there any way to put in a request to Dish to add this to their line up?

Be glad WHEC doesn’t carry it. Digital subchannels should be outlawed! All they do is steal bandwidth away from the main channel. NBC is already known for their crappy HD picture quality no need to degrade it any further. WHEC has one digital subchannel (and that’s one too many) WGRZ in Buffalo has two, Universal Sports and that useless RTV. I get Rochester locals in HD on Time Warner over QAM as well as Buffalo locals. While not a huge difference WHEC does look a tad bit better then WGRZ when flipping between the two. PBS is the most noticeable. While both WNED and WXXI have the subchannels maxed out, TW in Rochester has a direct fiber feed for XXI before the extra compression is added, 19Mb of HD goodness, just how it should be! While I can’t stand PBS, I wish they did that for all the broadcast networks, so those of us who don’t believe in the idiotic theory that ‘more is better’ can enjoy content with better picture quality.

You guys with Rochester locals don’t know how good you have it! Keep HD beautiful, ban digital subchannels!

Why don't you speak for yourself! I'd rather be without TV then watch crappy SD. We're a month away from 2011, why does SD even still exist??? Subchannels suck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)