NBC's Olympic Coverage Irks HDTV Owners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Because of no Olympics for me on Voom, I just watched something else! Who needs NBC?? If they don't want me to watch, I WON'T! No sweat off my balls....

I really wish someone would do a survey and find out a good estimated report of how many people have watched NBCHD Olympics coverage.

I watch. But I don't enjoy the announcers that much, nor the lack of different sports available.

While CNBC and Bravo do offer other events, I was kind of shocked not to see 1 BasketBall game yet, nor the Womens softball team, which may or may not have been on Bravo or CNBC>

I have seen both Dr. Who they play them on weekends mostly or daytime TV, on CNBC or Bravo.

And there you go. Daytime TV.

While NBCHD was showing Snychronized Diving re-runs.

Still, I watch the NBCHD feed more than the other channels.

Ive been watching the olympics every night in HD but I am starting to tire of seeing the same 100m heat races time and time again. I wish they would show something else! I want to see some of the other sports that are there.

That's my main issue right there, I like to watch some foot races but I like a variety of events they drown you in foot races until you change the channel, then they play 10-12 of the other events, when you switch back it's foot races again. :)

i'm in greece so i an speak to what i see there are many events all of them are recorded on camera however the major ones are the ones that have the additional HDTV camera's there ie any event at the olympic stadium for example many cameras there some where in hdtv, another interesting thing is at the olympic stadium there are 5 events going on simultaneously ie i was watching 20k run that started they ran out on the street saw them on the monitor, while i saw the triple jump, hammer throw, 100m woman's dash and those who jump over the pole thats the nice thing when you are there live to see it you have 5 events at your disposal, so the majority nbc filmed was there i also noticed they had the TODAY show i don't know if that was filmed in hd but the crazy thing is they have it 7am in usa but in greece its 7 hour different so it would be 2pm here which is suicide for anyone to be standing out in the sun from 2pm-6pm but anyways most of the venus where the olympic stadium were filmed in hd ie gymnastics/diving/cycling are next door to each other economy wise for nbc would be for them to stick to one place to film there events, the other events are very far from each other for example the horse jumping event was 1hour way out from central athens in markopoulos and there was only 1 camera for each angle there meaning that greece probably films it once and lets anyone else who wants that same feed on their station as oposed to the cameras in the olympic stadium there was probably many representing different stations from around the world.

you know the freaky thing about this nobody in europe has HDTV and americans/canadians are probably the only lucky ones who can watch this event in hd there is no hd feed one can see in europe for the olympics which is funny if you think.

I alreday gave up on the HD feed. Everytime I tuned to it there it was gymnastic, diving, and swimming. I turned to something else and pretty much have not gone back (except for a little of track and field). That's it.

Sean Mota said:
I alreday gave up on the HD feed. Everytime I tuned to it there it was gymnastic, diving, and swimming. I turned to something else and pretty much have not gone back (except for a little of track and field). That's it.

Unfortunately I did the same. Such a shame and waste. :mad:

Comcast has NBC HD Olympics

I get Voom and Comcast and Comcast is offering the NBC HD channel.
Yes it's one day behind SD NBC, but like anything in HD it's way better.

I don't know why Voom can't offer the NBC HD channel and Comcast can.

Actually, I get all my HD locals through Comcast (without an antenna) so maybe that's why....

I am thoroughly disgusted with NBC's Olympic coverage. Besides the fact that they bungled the HDTV coverage, they've made it extremely difficult to find out the real TV schedules and they didn't air the women's gold medal soccer game live on the west coast (instead choosing a 3-hour tape-delay).

In this day and age they know they should be able to lay out the Olympic event TV coverage schedule to the minute (or at least to the nearest 30 minutes), but instead they lay out coverage in sweeping chunks so it's impossible to do much to plan your viewing (seriously: go to nbcolympics.com and try to find out when you're favorite event is showing).

Finally, not airing the women's gold medal game live is unbelievable. I for one can't watched taped sporting events - for me it's all about watching something unfold and if I know I can just go online to see who won, it spoils the game for me. They had no good reason to not show the game live to west coast viewers, and the fact that they prohibited VOOM from carrying a national feed (and therefore completely prevented me from watching the game until the delayed feed) shows that they're either morons, underhanded, or both.

Grrr.

-F

I watch the HD feed when the SD coverage breaks for commercials. This is a big disappointment and I'm glad there is an article bashing NBC for it. There wasn't one visit to a Best Buy or Circuit City store this year that didn't have the big "sell" of HDTV and Olympics coverage. I ended up buying an HDTV set and signing up for VOOM in part because of the Olympics. What a disappointment. I just hope VOOM adds some good channels later this year and gets their DVR in our hands. If not, it will be "adios VOOM."

You got Voom and an HDTV for the Olympics? You do realize that at best you can see them like once every two years? Relax champ, there will be plenty of sports and movies to see in HD this year, fall season is gearing up and there will be more shows and stuff in HD this year than last. It's NBC's fault that the Olympics sucked in HD IMO, keep clamoring for a DVR but don't give up on HD.

-Also full complete HD coverage is supposed to reair on BravoHD like they did for the Winter Olympics.