NBCSN in free preview for Olympics?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tank

Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Glendive, MT
Does anybody know if Directv will be doing a free preview of NBC Sports Network for the Olympics?

TIA

I think it's part of the basic package ....
I know it's on here, but I have the Choice Extra Classic
Have to have at least Xtra to get NBCSN so it's still more of a mid-tier channel. Frankly if the Comcast wants to promote it more, they should give a free preview during the olympics for all the providers.

Does anybody know if Directv will be doing a free preview of NBC Sports Network for the Olympics?

TIA
There has never been a free preview before, during this event. If you want free, then connect an antenna to your TV and tune to the local NBC station.

I have Choice package and its not on there. Hence the reason for my question

I hope they turn it on for folks. The other channels that carry the Olympics are available in Choice (MSNBC, USA, CNBC)

There has never been a free preview before, during this event. If you want free, then connect an antenna to your TV and tune to the local NBC station.

please reread my question before giving out wrong information. I said "NBC SPORTS NETWORK"....That is channel 220
I get NBC locally via subchannel thank you...although it is only in SD (KXGN-DT2)

please reread my question before giving out wrong information. I said "NBC SPORTS NETWORK"....That is channel 220
I get NBC locally via subchannel thank you...although it is only in SD (KXGN-DT2)
I know which channel you are talking about. If it is available as a Sub-Channel in your area, then you should be able to pick it up via Antenna.

Again, never has any provider offered the other NBC channels as free viewing during the past Olympics. So why should they start now. Also has nothing to do with the Comcast Ownership. If you want to take it up with who is in charge of the rights for this year Winter Olympics, you need to contact the IOC.

Now of course for info on how to get around Geo-Blocking, see the following Forbes article. http://www.forbes.com/sites/amadoud...atch-the-sochi-olympics-without-a-cable-bill/

I know which channel you are talking about. If it is available as a Sub-Channel in your area, then you should be able to pick it up via Antenna.
You have no clue....I am not talking about NBC, I am talking about NBCSN formerly NBC Sports Network formerly VS formerly Versus formerly OLN formerly Outddor Life Network which has NEVER been a subchannel anywhere nor a primary channel. Please get your facts straight

By the way I HAVE to use an antenna to see part of my network programing as Directv doesnt carry locals for my area. We have only CBS and NBC. FOX & ABC I get from LA via distants.

Again, never has any provider offered the other NBC channels as free viewing during the past Olympics. So why should they start now.
All I did was ask a simple question. YOU decided to give out really bad info.

Have to have at least Xtra to get NBCSN so it's still more of a mid-tier channel. Frankly if the Comcast wants to promote it more, they should give a free preview during the olympics for all the providers.

Oh, thats right, thats a Comcast channel .... wouldn't surprise me if Comcast dropped the channel on D* all together for the Olympics with how well they get along.

You have no clue....I am not talking about NBC, I am talking about NBCSN formerly NBC Sports Network formerly VS formerly Versus formerly OLN formerly Outddor Life Network which has NEVER been a subchannel anywhere nor a primary channel. Please get your facts straight

By the way I HAVE to use an antenna to see part of my network programing as Directv doesnt carry locals for my area. We have only CBS and NBC. FOX & ABC I get from LA via distants.

All I did was ask a simple question. YOU decided to give out really bad info.
And again I know what channel you are talking about. And I also have given you a link if you took the time to read it, how to watch the events online. If you want to argue with someone, get the IOC on the phone. Stop arguing about something that is beyond anyone's control.

And again I know what channel you are talking about. And I also have given you a link if you took the time to read it, how to watch the events online. If you want to argue with someone, get the IOC on the phone. Stop arguing about something that is beyond anyone's control.

Do us all a favor, stop.

And again I know what channel you are talking about.
obviously you dont because you told me to put up an antenna. NBCSN is not on over the air. NBC is which I already know. I was talking about NBC Sports Network Channel 220

And I also have given you a link if you took the time to read it, how to watch the events online.
When you live in a rural area the slow internet folks have streaming is usually not an option.

If you want to argue with someone, get the IOC on the phone. Stop arguing about something that is beyond anyone's control.
All I did was ask if it was going to be in free preview. A simple "YES" or "NO" would have sufficed.

I see the olympic spirit is in full swing here - feisty!

NBCSN isn't part of any preview, but you can upgrade to Xtra for the olympics and then go back to Choice after. Xtra is $10 more and you only have to keep it one month.
I know most of the hockey will be on NBCSN.

jcrandall said:
NBCSN isn't part of any preview, but you can upgrade to Xtra for the olympics and then go back to Choice after. Xtra is $10 more and you only have to keep it one month.
I know most of the hockey will be on NBCSN.

Thanks. Guess I'll have to do that

no can do. As I noted previously

When you live in a rural area the slow internet folks have streaming is usually not an option.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)