NBCU & Dish Network Settle Ad-Skipping Dispute, Remain In Arbitration Over Retransmission Contract

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
They are still locked in dispute behind closed doors over a retransmission contract,but NBCUniversal and Dish Network have put down their legal swords over the ad-skipping tech the satellite company introduced several years back. This deal joins Fox’s agreement in February and the settlement CBS and Dish came to in December 2014.
NBCUniversal and DISH Network have reached an agreement resulting in the dismissal of all pending litigation between the two companies, including disputes over the AutoHop and PrimeTime Anytime features,” said a spokesperson for the Comcast-owned company. The agreement will allow Dish subscribers to ad-skip a week after a show has initially aired.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/nbc-dish-network-settle-ad-skipping-lawsuit-arbitration-1201774522/

Reactions: charlesrshell
This makes all 4 broadcast networks to settle now with DISH. DISH,using the skip technology as leverage, in the yearly dispute over price hikes for networks that broadcast ota for FREE, has once again kept the price down ,at least on Charlie's end. Will see if this continues to work as a bargaining tool. I say spread it to other cable channels too , if it keeps the prices down.

Reactions: osu1991
I wonder if this means NBCU/Comcast content will come to Sling TV now that the various disputes have been settled?

I watch all tv shows recorded within 7 - 10 days at the most. Movies I archive to my external hard drive and watch when ever I get around to them. So summer is Netflix time and Amazon time for me. It is also the summer of METV on my ota channel ,because I watch some older reruns, that I have forgotten all about again.

I say let it be a premium service. Pay $1 to ABC, NBC, CBS AND FOX.

Let the provider keep the left over dollar for their costs in providing the service.

To be honest I would pay a premium to be able to do this with any channel. I hate having to keep my finger on the skip button.

Btw, I even like Tivo's concept with 1 button skip

Will see if this continues to work as a bargaining tool.
I'm afraid Dish can only use it one time as a bargaining tool though. Going forward, any 'conditions' in the current contract will likely be automatically included in future contracts.

Unless Dish says "we'll turn Autohop back on" if you don't agree to our rates...

I'm afraid Dish can only use it one time as a bargaining tool though. Going forward, any 'conditions' in the current contract will likely be automatically included in future contracts.

Unless Dish says "we'll turn Autohop back on" if you don't agree to our rates...
That is exactly what I expect Charlie to do each time the contract come up for renewal. Autohop will keep on giving leverage to Charlie in any negotiation ,if he used it on their channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)