NBR question?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
My seneriol,
Record all episodes of Cold Case on CBS.
It airs at 8:00 pm Sunday, since Football sometimes runs late I add 60 min to the end time of Cold Case.
Cold Case also airs acasionally on Monday or Thursday.
When it airs on Monday or Thursday, I do not need the 60 minuet padding.
I cannot seem to figure a way to change the padding on the Monday or Thursday with out changing the Sunday.
Any Ideas?
Thank You

A crude solution might be to leave them all without the extra padding and set a timer to record the show after Cold Case on Sundays.

Another solution would be for you to set up a weekly timer for the days you think it runs late and another weeky timer all the other days. That's crude but it will work.

No 60 min padding needing with NBR

It is my understanding the NBR will automatically adjust the timer if the program time changes. It will adjust up to 1 hour early and 3 hours late and adjust the length of the show (in case a 30 min show airs as a 1 hour special). Seems like this would still catch the show if the preceding football makes it run late. This is according the PDF file available for download under the 522 user manual section (the link is posted somewhere in this forum).

Also, If you do a "Dish Pass" it will find the show on one or all channels, any time, any day and record automatically. Seem like that would be the best solution for you (assuming I understand NBR and Dish Pass correctly).

Regards,

rotaiv

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US, rotaiv! :)
rotaiv said:
It is my understanding the NBR will automatically adjust the timer if the program time changes.
This is true, to the extent that it will take effect if the time change is in advance enough to make it into a revision of the electronic program guide data, and the receiver gets the new guide data in time.
blockisle9 said:
My seneriol
Heh, "seneriol" sounds like some new medication.
Or as Seinfeld says in his newer standup routines, "my doctor said kramittol" :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)