NBR Stinks! Sometimes....

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
Now that I have the 622 and "named base recording" I like it alot sometimes. Other times it's a PITA. Example: I'm going out of town for the next week, I want to record "Elizabeth 1" on HBOHD while i'm gone. It is on at 8 pm Sat. (1st part) and 8 pm mon. (2nd part). When I go to setup the 2nd part for a "one" time recording it gives me an X saying it's not going to record it! I believe the problem here is that the guide descriptions are identical for both days and do NOT say part 1 or part 2.
But in my estimation this is still a crock! If you are setting up a ONE TIME recording then NBR should be completely bypassed- period! It should only be used for the rest of the available options in the program setup.
I should be able to setup any one time recording that I want without interference from the 622:( . Sometimes I wish for my 921 back in this aspect.
Come on DISH bypass NBR for one time recordings! I really do know what I want to record..
Gerry

ggw2000 said:
Now that I have the 622 and "named base recording" I like it alot sometimes. Other times it's a PITA. Example: I'm going out of town for the next week, I want to record "Elizabeth 1" on HBOHD while i'm gone. It is on at 8 pm Sat. (1st part) and 8 pm mon. (2nd part). When I go to setup the 2nd part for a "one" time recording it gives me an X saying it's not going to record it! I believe the problem here is that the guide descriptions are identical for both days and do NOT say part 1 or part 2.
But in my estimation this is still a crock! If you are setting up a ONE TIME recording then NBR should be completely bypassed- period! It should only be used for the rest of the available options in the program setup.
I should be able to setup any one time recording that I want without interference from the 622:( . Sometimes I wish for my 921 back in this aspect.
Come on DISH bypass NBR for one time recordings! I really do know what I want to record..
Gerry

If part 2 shows in the Daily schedule as being 'skipped', select the program and then select restore button on the Timer Event screen.

garys

garys said:
If part 2 shows in the Daily schedule as being 'skipped', select the program and then select restore button on the Timer Event screen.

Is the "restore" button the workaround for "X"d recordings that forces them to be recorded even if they are already setup as being previously recorded? If it works that way then I can live with it I guess. Never knew what "restore" meant..
Gerry

ggw2000 said:
Is the "restore" button the workaround for "X"d recordings that forces them to be recorded even if they are already setup as being previously recorded? If it works that way then I can live with it I guess. Never knew what "restore" meant..
Gerry

Yes, it is. I had a couple of fractured recordings and I got the same thing when same show came back onto guide. I found it is the only way to force the 622 to record them again as is seems the 622 has a memory bank as to what was recorded previously.

Or don't use NBR in that case- just select each as a one time recording from the EPG. It's easier that way.

That's the way..

dfergie said:
Thats what I do...

That's the way I am doing it, from the EPG guide as a one time recording and after it does a search it comes back with the "X" that it is not going to record the show because it has been previously setup to record.. Please read first post carefully.. Gerry

Heres how, go to the X Elizabeth I in the daily schedule, highlight it and press select which brings you to an "event skipped: duplicate event screen" on the Right side will be buttons hit the top one ( Restore)this takes you to an attention (757) screen two options"would you like to:" only restore this one event? and record all duplicate events for this timer? select one event and OK...

I don't use NBR, I use EPG to schedule recordings... i've also been in the habit of checking the schedule for the next day or two, restoring or skipping programs I wouldn't want (repeats). I'll DISH's scheduling *brain* software is not as smart as Tivos but it's good enough and the receiver is nice, can't wait until the next software update... the unit it getting better and better each update for me.

abricko said:
I don't use NBR, I use EPG to schedule recordings... i've also been in the habit of checking the schedule for the next day or two, restoring or skipping programs I wouldn't want (repeats). I'll DISH's scheduling *brain* software is not as smart as Tivos but it's good enough and the receiver is nice, can't wait until the next software update... the unit it getting better and better each update for me.

Recording off EPG is using NBR.

dfergie- will give it a try tonight

dfergie said:
Heres how, go to the X Elizabeth I in the daily schedule, highlight it and press select which brings you to an "event skipped: duplicate event screen" on the Right side will be buttons hit the top one ( Restore)this takes you to an attention (757) screen two options"would you like to:" only restore this one event? and record all duplicate events for this timer? select one event and OK...

Will try that tonight. I believe that this is the same thing that "garys" is saying. You have to use the restore button to override the "X" recording for it to record. Gerry

"... Recording off EPG is using NBR...."

You can select "once" and it will not mark future episodes. If a program has already been selected for repeats, delete it and select each program via EPG & choose "once." Or follow the above procedure.

Thank god Dish DVRs work faster than Tivos. And thank god for that 30 second skip ahead button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)