NCAA Football 2014 season

If everyone were playing comparable schedules and equal levels of competition I would agree.
They dont however, and sometimes I would say that a 2 loss team might be better than a one or even in RARE circumstances possibly an undefeated team.
You missed the part where I said major conference.

They can win out, and if 4 of the one loss or undefeated teams above them stay that way then OSU is not in.
They need to win, but they need alot of help to make it.
The help is built in the schedules.
Miss St (1), Auburn (2), Ole Miss (4), Alabama (6) all play one another.
Georgia (11) plays the survivor of that group.
Oregon (5), Arizona (12), Arizona St. (14) all play one another.
Kansas St. (9) has yet to play TCU (7) and Baylor (13).
Ohio St. (16) itself has the chance to knock of Michigan St. (8) and then Nebraska (15) in the Big Ten championship game.

That leaves FSU (2) & Notre Dame (10) as the only ones left cruising, though the Irish still have to play Arizona St. (14).

Unless Georgia knocks off an undefeated Miss St, I don't see 2 1-loss SEC teams.

Still plenty of football left. Which is why I still think the playoff rankings came out far too soon.

The help is built in the schedules.
Miss St (1), Auburn (2), Ole Miss (4), Alabama (6) all play one another.
Georgia (11) plays the survivor of that group.
Oregon (5), Arizona (12), Arizona St. (14) all play one another.
Kansas St. (9) has yet to play TCU (7) and Baylor (13).
Ohio St. (16) itself has the chance to knock of Michigan St. (8) and then Nebraska (15) in the Big Ten championship game.

That leaves FSU (2) & Notre Dame (10) as the only ones left cruising, though the Irish still have to play Arizona St. (14).

Unless Georgia knocks off an undefeated Miss St, I don't see 2 1-loss SEC teams.

Still plenty of football left. Which is why I still think the playoff rankings came out far too soon.
That could be help or not. Once that shakes out, you likely still have 6 or so teams ranked ahead of them in the pecking order.

People keep saying that last part, but why? If as you say (and I agree) there is alot of football left to play and this stuff always sorts itself out, then what difference does it make if the rankings come out now, or 4 weeks from now?
At least now it gives us all something to talk about.

People keep saying that last part, but why? If as you say (and I agree) there is alot of football left to play and this stuff always sorts itself out, then what difference does it make if the rankings come out now, or 4 weeks from now?
Because they lock teams into a pecking order far too early.

It's what got Auburn left out several years ago. Even though their performance in the later part of the season should have had them ranked higher than Oklahoma.

Because they lock teams into a pecking order far too early.

It's what got Auburn left out several years ago. Even though their performance in the later part of the season should have had them ranked higher than Oklahoma.
When the current number one can go from unranked to the top spot in the course of 6 weeks, I do not agree.
9 weeks is plenty late enough, especially since, as you pointed out, all of these teams are still scheduled to play each other.

Even delaying it a couple of weeks would likely give you the same polls that you will get by doing it now and then reranking as the games are played.

Guys, they already waited what 8 weeks .. now some of you guys want to wait longer ...

I like it the way it is, give it awhile so you can see who some teams are and then so the rankings.
Waiting till the end would just emulate the Final 4 which in football i dont think is a good thing.

This way it gives everybody some thing to talk about.

True freshman starting on D, 9 scholly LB's and only 2 left to play the game last night uninjured. Starting center out, freshman playing center, 3 O line guys playing hurt.

Noles keep finding ways. I could only imagine if they were 100%, but we have been lucky the last two years with injuries, it has caught up with us.

On a positive note, Cook, Rudolph and Lane are all freshmen on offense and helped put up a ton of yards on a very good D.

Parker, at UL, will be playing on Sunday. Kid is a stud WR.

True freshman starting on D, 9 scholly LB's and only 2 left to play the game last night uninjured. Starting center out, freshman playing center, 3 O line guys playing hurt.

Noles keep finding ways. I could only imagine if they were 100%, but we have been lucky the last two years with injuries, it has caught up with us.

On a positive note, Cook, Rudolph and Lane are all freshmen on offense and helped put up a ton of yards on a very good D.

Parker, at UL, will be playing on Sunday. Kid is a stud WR.
There is No team playing that isn't injured to some degree at this point in the season.

Isn't it great when the freshmen step in and contribute !

Reactions: Mike0616

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)