NCAA says that Tressell is NOT "forthright"...

I agree with this as well.
The rule is a stupid one, as is the one saying an athlete can't have a job .....
Ok, I have a scholarship, but can't go out to eat or on a date because I have no money.
The Non player is allowed to have a job.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Jimbo...it has gone WAY beyond this now. NOW we are talking about lying to the NCAA MULTIPLE times during investigations at 2 different schools and star players getting cars and money.

salsadancer7 said:
NOW, there is a story developing from the Columbus Dispatch that Terrell Pryor had be receiving cars from a car dealer from the moment he stepped foot on the campus. This is getting ugly real fast!

Significant inquiry by NCAA and OSU under way for Pryor, sources say | BuckeyeXtra

And that surprises you ?
Look around, the stars have cars at all the high profile schools, weather they are bought or leased or whatever.

I agree with this as well.
The rule is a stupid one, as is the one saying an athlete can't have a job .....
Ok, I have a scholarship, but can't go out to eat or on a date because I have no money.
The Non player is allowed to have a job.

The latest references I could find to student-athlete employment was that it was allowed in 2006/2007. Attached is an LSU doc about it.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that student-athlete employment only wasn't allowed during their sport's season, but I can't find that article...

http://www.lsusports.net/src/data/lsu/assets/docs/ad/policymanual/pdf/507.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=5200

I know its only a matter of time before some of this happens to my Georgia Bulldogs.
We've had it happen. Happened in Basketball with the "How many points is a 3-point shot worth" class of Herrick Jr's. Fortunately the University came down hard on itself, fired the coach, and made one of the best basketball teams in the University's history sit out both the SEC & NCAA tournaments.

More recently the University didn't run away from the AJ Green shirt matter.

Those, along with the early mentioned Stoops incident, is how a coach/school with integrity handles things.

And wasn't Tressel sited for being less than honest back in Youngstown?

Jimbo...it has gone WAY beyond this now. NOW we are talking about lying to the NCAA MULTIPLE times during investigations at 2 different schools and star players getting cars and money.

And LeBron drove a Hummer as a Junior in HIGH SCHOOL. He said it was purchased by his mother on her credit card, because he knew he'd be able to pay it back once he made it to the big leagues. Many other kids/students in school drive new cars. Should we question each and every student? How?

I really think the compliance offices are in over their heads. There's absolutely NO WAY they are able to monitor each and every "suspicious" case. The Vest took the fall, but there's a much bigger issue here and we haven't even cracked the surface yet.

Listening to the radio to/from lunch, the discussion was about Tressell and OSU (it wasn't a sports talk show either -- Cincinnati-based too). They talked about the Sports Illustrated article and suspect that SI will end up exposing a lot of schools now...

And LeBron drove a Hummer as a Junior in HIGH SCHOOL. He said it was purchased by his mother on her credit card, because he knew he'd be able to pay it back once he made it to the big leagues. Many other kids/students in school drive new cars. Should we question each and every student? How?

I really think the compliance offices are in over their heads. There's absolutely NO WAY they are able to monitor each and every "suspicious" case. The Vest took the fall, but there's a much bigger issue here and we haven't even cracked the surface yet.

Nice try. You are comparing apples to oranges. He was in high school and had no plans on going to college.

...6 CARS??!!!!

... wow! Is Tressell going say he nothing about THIS QB too??!!

The NCAA and the Ohio State University's compliance office are conducting an independent investigation of Terrelle Pryor amid allegations that the star quarterback may have received cars and other extra benefits, sources told The Dispatch today.

Pryor has been questioned by OSU compliance officials in the past, but sources said this is the most significant inquiry to date. He already has been interviewed at least once by investigators within the past few weeks, sources said.

Pryor and the cars he drives have been an issue since he arrived on campus three years ago. Pryor has been connected to more than a half dozen vehicles during his time at Ohio State, according to sources.

More OSU trouble: Pryor the subject of an independent NCAA investigation - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF Blog - Yahoo! Sports

JAG72 said:
I can honestly say that 99% of the Buckeye fans I know will not miss him. Many around here have said that they hope he just leaves before all breaks loose.

I know. My neighbor hates the guy, always has really. Seriously though, who's in the bullpen at qb?

I know. My neighbor hates the guy, always has really. Seriously though, who's in the bullpen at qb?

They have Braxton Miller coming in as a highly rated QB. Hopefully he wont have a change of heart and decide to play elsewhere.

They have Braxton Miller coming in as a highly rated QB. Hopefully he wont have a change of heart and decide to play elsewhere.

THAT will be the next major issue this football program will face in the coming months.... how many will either transfer or get out of the verbal commitments.

Oh yeah...forgot to add this:

The paper reported in January that Pryor had been stopped for traffic violations three times in the past three years while driving cars, "that were owned by a car salesman or a Columbus used-car dealer for whom the salesman worked." The car dealership was Jack Maxton Chevrolet, the same dealer former wide receiver Ray Small referenced in his article in The Lantern last week.

More OSU trouble: Pryor the subject of an independent NCAA investigation - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF Blog - Yahoo! Sports

THAT will be the next major issue this football program will face in the coming months.... how many will either transfer or get out of the verbal commitments.

I am not sure if Miller will be able to get out without sitting out a year since he is already enrolled at OSU. He participated in this years spring game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)