NE1 getting HD OTA in Bardstown, KY area?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blur2u

Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I am looking to put a OTA antenna up to receive HD broadcast....since DISH and Direct neither one are looking to put HD Locals in the 48th largest market.

Anyone getting the OTA broadcast? I don't want to put it up and not recieve it, there are a lot of hills around here.

Thanks,

Sam

You'd need to provide some more detail about your location for an exact answer. http://www.antennaweb.org can give you some information as well.

Just using coverage maps it looks like you should be able to get the digital stations of WBNA (8), WBKI (19), WLKY (26), WAVE (47), WDRB (49), WMYO (51), and WHAS (56). There are some other PBS stations you're in range of as well but carry the same programming. It's possible that a couple of the stations are not yet full power, but even with the reduced power you are in the published coverage area.

blur2u:
My dad lives 6 or 7 miles from Bardstown (Deatsville Road area off of 245). He just bought a new Samsung 61 RPTV. He has a rooftop antenna feeding the TV via 300 ohm twin lead. He gets a lot of HDTV channels from all around. He gets all of the local stations without issue. I am in So. Indiana using a Dish 811 and don't get anything close to the reception he gets and many of the towers are in So. Indiana!

Hope this helps.

Best,
Ed

Actually the 300 ohm twinlead has less line loss than RG-6, but it is unshielded, needs to be replaced more often and has to be mounted with stand-offs along the pole, so we have compromised signal strength for long term reliability and ease of use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)