Need 1 Meter Dish For Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Uh, no offense, but do you know how to use google? I typed in "1 meter dish" and got 3 links to places selling dish products right at the top. Then there are about a billion other links to reviews/ebay/etc.

Again, that search engine is www.google.com

Here is one of the first links, to a place that sells dishes.

http://www.dvbhardware.com/index.php?cPath=9_15

These are for FTA, so you'll have to rig up the dish LNB to mate it to the arm.

I don't know about 1meter but winegard sells oversized dishnetwork dishes with a D-Tube arm that work with a single/dual lnb.

We use a 1m Dish for the 119 in Alaska. We have to use a 1.8M for the 110, which really sucks, but we can get away with a 30" for the 148. I haven't played with the 129 yet, but I'm afraid that it is a weaker bird and mostly West Coast spotbeams.

davide said:
Searched the web but no results. Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the rude reception. Welcome to the forum.

As you can see, 1m dishes can be found. So good luck.

dodge said:
What the hell do you need such a big damn dish for???
Find and old primestar and use that it works great!!!

why do you have to be so rude?

Alaska and Puerto Rico need a larger dish due to the footprint not being the best there.

Maybe he wants to combat rain fade :)

I guess I could have given you some useful information too. Winegard and Channel Master/Andrews both make 1M dishes. I've used both and prefer the glass Channel Master to the stamped steel Winegard. I've had too many Winegards that were deformed in shipping and never seem to work good. The Primestar dish is just a Channel Master 1M and are usually cheaper as everybody is closing them out.

Speaking of rain fade and commercial installations, can we mount 1 m dishes in the eastern US for 110/119 to get better reception and better rain fade? I've seen some oversized dishes for commercial installations (like bars and restaurants) that I'm assuming is to provide better signal but can you use 1 m dishes too? The oversized commercial-use DBS dishes were about 24 inches (vs. 20/18), which is still about 12 inches shy of the 1 m dish.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Speaking of rain fade and commercial installations, can we mount 1 m dishes in the eastern US for 110/119 to get better reception and better rain fade? I've seen some oversized dishes for commercial installations (like bars and restaurants) that I'm assuming is to provide better signal but can you use 1 m dishes too? The oversized commercial-use DBS dishes were about 24 inches (vs. 20/18), which is still about 12 inches shy of the 1 m dish.
Sure - no reason why not if you want to spend the money.

One of the cheaper ways to get a better bang is to use D500s with I-adapters, and DP Single/Dual LNBs plus an external switch (DP21, DP34, DPP44).

How much more signal boost and rain fade resistance will I get with individual 1 m dishes for 110 and 119?

I don't know if that'll be an overkill but when I went to a bar one time and their D* service was cutting in and out during a rainstorm, people were groaning and pointing out that it was satellite. I don't think bars and restaurants would appreciate their TV going out when their patrons are trying to stay in out of the elements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)