Need a little help deciphering the satellite signal stats....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PWP

Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
I was fooling around with setup & re-did the setup for the 5lnb.

Here is the info - what does it mean?

Sat 99 Net 10 0 transponders 0 with signal
Sat 99 Net 11 32 transponders 0 with signal
but got strength of 27 on 27 & 20 on 28 but it said sat 99=failure only detected 4 satellites

Sat 101 Net 0 32 transponders 32 with signal

Sat 103 Net 14 32 Transponders 0 with signal
Sat 103 Net 15 0 transponders 0 with signal

Sat 110 Net 2 3 transponders 3 with signal
Sat 119 Net 3 11 transponders 11 with signal

And a final question - I have a HDDVR ordered (xx-700model) - will that come with a slimline dish or is the slimline dish a special order???

Thanks for your help in advance!
PWP

Maybe I'm wrong, but the dish is not usually included with the HDDVR. The tech most likely will NOT bring a dish with him if there isn't one on his work order. He'll show up with a HDDVR expecting an easy install! Don't surprise them...they don't like that!

I was fooling around with setup & re-did the setup for the 5lnb.

Here is the info - what does it mean?

Sat 99 Net 10 0 transponders 0 with signal
Sat 99 Net 11 32 transponders 0 with signal
but got strength of 27 on 27 & 20 on 28 but it said sat 99=failure only detected 4 satellites

Sat 101 Net 0 32 transponders 32 with signal

Sat 103 Net 14 32 Transponders 0 with signal
Sat 103 Net 15 0 transponders 0 with signal

Sat 110 Net 2 3 transponders 3 with signal
Sat 119 Net 3 11 transponders 11 with signal

And a final question - I have a HDDVR ordered (xx-700model) - will that come with a slimline dish or is the slimline dish a special order???

Thanks for your help in advance!
PWP

You are not actually given out numbers.

IF you are getting a mpeg 4 reciever for the first time, you will not have a 5 lnb and they will come out and install one, usually for free.
If by chance you already have the 5 lnb dish then they will just come out and do the rec. install.

They should have discussed this with you when you ordered, you might want to call them to make sure.

Jimbo

They just upgraded me to an HR20 this past Friday. They did bring a dish and did the install for free. The Directv rep who took the order knew it was necessary and arranged it. Couldn't hurt though for you to check.

P.S. I got a sweet deal... but I won't boar you with that here. Unless some asks... :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)